Please Help! Galant Central Locking Prob - antonios gubba
Please help...I have a 1999 Mitsubishi Galant V6-24. I have today been trying to fit my old Sony stereo and 10 disc changer to replace the standard Philips stereo that came with the car. After fitting the Sony stereo I discovered that it no longer worked! so I removed it and put the old Philips standard stereo back in.

Fair enough....but now there is a problem. The central locking doesn't work any more. It was working fine before I started messing around with the stereo, so I think I've done something without knowing. When I press the unlock button on the remote, the hazzard lights flash, but instead of the doors locking there is just a continuous bleep noise coming from somewhere....this noise then disappears if I press the button again. Also, with the ignition switched off, there is a very faint buzzing noise coming from somewhere behind the dashboard. This buzzing noise disappears when the ignition is turned on (or if the key is turned to the auxillary position).

I am completely at a loss as to what has happened here....so if anyone has any ideas then please let me know!

Many thanks,

Terry.
Please Help! Galant Central Locking Prob - Pete M
I suggest a visit to the Mitsubishi VR-4 Owners Club website which is at www.clubVR4.com The V6-24 is similar to the VR-4 but without the twin turbos. There is bound to be someone there who can help. Well worth joining the club, too, for UKP20.
I have fitted a Sony head and CD changer to my Legnum (Galant Estate) VR-4, and have the colour codes for the stereo wiring. Mine was fitted with the original Japanese Mitsubishi stereo, so a bit of work was required to change the connector.
I didn't find any connection to the central locking. Check that you haven't accidentally disconnected something in the dashboard.