toyota corolla 02 good buy? - tobyn
I've found a 1.6 vvti t3 corolla (02)estate for just under £5k. The only 'problem' being that it has done 94k miles. With a FTSH is it a good buy? don't do a high mileage and would plan to keep it for 3-4 years..
toyota corolla 02 good buy? - Happy Blue!
Lets say you do 6,000 miles a year. So in four years the car wil have done a total of 118,000 miles making an average of 17,000pa. Still very high.

How does the price compare to similar examples at a normal mileage. It may well be that if you are saving £2,000, then that is money well spent as the car should be reliable for the next few years as it is a toyota and has done over 30,000miles pa so far.
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
toyota corolla 02 good buy? - DavidHM
Assuming the car is HPI clear, and in good condition, then jump at it.

The closest I can find is a diesel with 78k for £7,499 - there just aren't many Corolla estates around. Everything else is up near £10k. Even hatchbacks can't really be had for less than £7,000.

The closest comparison might be a three year old Focus Zetec estate with air con, which is likely to be over £6k. Don't expect to get a fortune back at resale time, whenever that might be, but this is very, very cheap indeed for a new shape Corolla.
toyota corolla 02 good buy? - blue_haddock
As David has said Corolla Estates are very few and far between, i think out of the hundreds of corolla's i've sold only 1 has been an estate.

At that mileage the cambelt should have been done and there aren't anything i could say to look at in particular as a known fault.

As we all know toyota's are fairly reliable - you only need to look at all the Carina E's and Avensis out their being used as taxi's show that they can take the mileage.

toyota corolla 02 good buy? - carl_a
Cambelt on a VVTi engine ? Isn't it a chain.

My Dads had two Corolla's and nothings gone wrong, amazing cars but the local dealers aren't very good. Not that it makes any difference but where is the estate made ? as its got the same front as the Australian Corolla's.