Slight mould on upholstery - Issue? - BazzaBear {P}
A car we're considering has a bit of mould or mildew on the rear seats. Aside from that it's in lovely nick. So, is this a big problem?
Is it just a case of a bit of elbow-grease and it'll be gone, or is it something we'll never be rid of?
Also, my first thought was 'does this suggest the car is leaking water in?' but I guess if it's been on a forecourt for a couple of weeks, the inside would be prone to a little dampness without the need for leaks.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Slight mould on upholstery - Issue? - Altea Ego
Mould? there should not be mould anywhere, left on forecourt or not. Mould means its had excess water.

Walk away.

Slight mould on upholstery - Issue? - frostbite
I have on occasions laid up cars in my driveway for several weeks/months.

All of them IIRC have had some evidence of mould, particularly on the rear seats for some reason. None of them were 'leakers'.
Slight mould on upholstery - Issue? - frostbite
Meant to add - if you do get it, a solution of 50/50 white vinegar and water should permanently shift it, but do try out on test area first in case of undesirable effects.

(might also smell like a chippy for a couple of days!)
Slight mould on upholstery - Issue? - Vansboy
Probably just a less than enthusiastic valeter, or one working on a bonus to get the car on the front, quickly.But forgot to get the seats as dry, as he could have.

One thing to think of, if this was the cause....

If it's a newish car, why was it in such a filthy condition, that it needed the upholstry, deep cleaning???

Could be a messy family, Coke n coffee n burger grease n nicotene n small people fluids n ...........

Or just a simple accidental spill!!

& - I'm serious here & by no means wishing to be disrespecful to anyone... if it's ex Motability, I've seen/smelt quite a few of these vehicles, where the users would have appeared to have been incontinent. & that can happen to any of use, at some time during our life.

Give the car a THOROUGH check over, inside.

VB
Slight mould on upholstery - Issue? - Hugo {P}
Rear seats = children most of the time.

Usual suspects McDs coke or similar.

I have this in my Discovery at the moment on the LHS. I remmbered that recently I spilt a takeaway coke that was sitting there when I cornered.

H