cheap german cars - Sports_enthusiast
i would like to purchase a vw golf tdi, preferably 2.0litre engine. BUT the prices for the used cars in the u.k are like 6k. I'm looking for a cheap used car dealer in Germany but so far have found nothing, any help????

Cheeers
cheap german cars - Dynamic Dave
If you put the above url into google, you're offered a translation - albeit a rough one.

snipurl.com/c7l8

cheap german cars - DavidHM
I do speak German.

Having done a national search for the cheapest 1999 on, 110 bhp Golf with less than 150k kilometres on it (it's a 1.9, not 2.0 - 2.0 TDis are only in the latest Mk V Golf) is about 8k euro, or £5,600. 100k mile 1999 Golf TDis are actually cheaper in this country if you do a national search on AutoTrader, link to your left.

(That excludes a ?5k 53 plate estate - a mistake surely - and a Bora, which would be cheaper here, too.)

Some new cars may be slightly cheaper in Germany, although the strong euro and the fall in new car prices here has wiped out most of the savings you could make four or five years ago. However used cars in general hold their value better there, with virtually no fleet market dumping three year olds through the auctions, and it's a lot of hassle and expense to go there, buy a car and drive a left hooker (don't even think about getting it converted) when you probably won't actually save any money anyway.

Unfortunately used Golf TDis are very desirable because they have a great image, are fast and economical, not too bad to insure and have a reputation for reliability. That's simply supply and demand so there's not much scope for saving money by importing - all of those factors apply in Germany too.