Choke cable come off my Mercedes. - mercedes-owner
Hello everyone, i am having some trouble with my Mercedes. The choke cable has come off the carb, but i dont know where it goes back onto. The carb is a Stromberg 175CD (i think thats the number), and is on a 1972 mercedes 220 (the stacked headlight model). If anybody can help it would be much appreciated.
Choke cable come off my Mercedes. - Roger Jones
Can't help you beyond suggesting that if you're not yet a member of the MB Owners Club then you should join:

www.mercedes-benzownersclub.co.uk/

The annual fee is very reasonable, the monthly magazine very good, and the online forum is full of knowledgeable and experienced people.
Choke cable come off my Mercedes. - Cliff Pope
I've had other cars with this model Stromberg , and always the choke fitting has been in two parts. An allow bracket, sometimes with a grub screw, to clamp the outer cable, and then a thing like a bicycle brake nipple on the inner cable to attach it to the choke lever. If the nipple has undone itself completly it may have fallen off.
Choke cable come off my Mercedes. - Victorbox
Whilst they are mainly SU experts you could try asking Burlen Fuel Service www.burlen.co.uk/ as they are pretty good with all carbs and may know.