Best scratch remover? - jeremyb
Does anybody know what the best thing for scratch removal is? I don't mean surface scratches that come out with T-cut, I mean scratches that you can feel with your fingernail. What do the bodyshops use and can I get hold of it?

Thanks

JB
Best scratch remover? - wantone
If yot can feel the scratch with your fingernail it probably cannot be removed by hand polishing?
If you are trying to remove it by hand tcut,scratch x,autoglym paint renovator you can get from high street shops and are about as abrasive as can be used without a polishing machine.
when you say scratch what type are you talking about.long,short,wide,narrow,shallow,deep, there are endless types?
Best scratch remover? - GrahamF1
If it has cut through to the primer or bare metal, then paint or filler will be required. Stands to reason don't you think, if the paint has been completely removed then it'll need to be put back!

If you have bare metal then you will likely need filler paste (use cellulose to make it very thin) to fill in the groove. Then you need to paint over the filler and blend it in with T-Cut.

If it's not deep enough to warrant filler (but too deep to come out with T-Cut alone) then you can try using many layers of paint to build it back up to the level of the surrounding paintwork. Then you T-Cut as normal.

As a final thought, when you use touch-up paint make sure you give it a fortnight to harden before you T-Cut it.
Best scratch remover? - martint123
If it's not your pride and joy, then a wax crayon of the right colour will make a fair job of filling a deep scratch.

Other than that, rub down, paint, rub down.
Best scratch remover? - THe Growler
I was thinking the same thing. Some of those color-matched polishes like T/Wax come with a lipstick thingy with which you "fill" the scratch, then apply polish on top. They do a fair patch job. Not permanent but enough to take your mind off the blemish till you can get it done professionally.
Best scratch remover? - Dynamic Dave

Friend of mine has previously used MER scratch remover. You now only see the scratch if it's pointed out to you.

www.merproducts.com/acatalog/Scratch___Stone_Chip_...8
Best scratch remover? - jeremyb
Thanks to all for the suggestions.