Renault Clio 97' - Noise - lisahud82
Please help,

Recently my car has been making a noise which I can only describe as the sound of wind blowing through the car.
The faster I drive the louder the noise gets.
I have made sure that the sun roof and all windows are closed properly. Could it be that it is blowing through the engine or exhaust system?

Please help.
Desperate blonde!
Renault Clio 97' - Noise - Adam {P}
What springs to mind to me is the door seals. That rubber part on the doors that...well....seal the doors!

Whether they've perished or split I don't know - assuming it is them.

Someone will be along soon with the right idea I'm sure.
--
Adam
Renault Clio 97' - Noise - Ex-Moderator
I know you say that the sunroof is closed properly, but I'd check again and check that there are no bits sticking out and it is smooth to the roof.

I presume that you've not left any windows open ?

And is the rear hatch closed properly ?

Do you have any loose trim on the sides of the car ?

Is the front plastic all secure ?

If you can't see anything untoward when stationery, get a friend to follow you on a dual carriageway and check out all four sides of the car so he can see any movement when you can actually hear the noise - do be careful though.
Renault Clio 97' - Noise - Civic8
Probably a daft question?. But have you recently had a new windscreen fitted?
--
Steve
Renault Clio 97' - Noise - mare
When we bought my wife's Almera (1997 model), we test drove two cars and both sounded like the window was open. It turned out that a small bung, the size of a coin, at the top of the passenger footwell had come out. New bung, problem solved!

If the door and window seals are ok, try looking at the engine bulkhead (the wall separating the cabin from the engine bay) from both the engine side and the inside of the car. Do it when it's dark and get a helper to shine a torch from the other side and see if you can find the hole.