306 Alarm Problems after flat battery - PaulC2004
Please help.
I have just collected a 306 DTurbo from a friends drive where it has been stood for about 7 months. Obviously the battery was totally flat, after I got it started the lights began to flash. Following about 30 seconds they stop flashing, the car starts no problems but when ever you open the door the lights flash again (no siren), Also, unfortunately I do not have the key that goes in the keyhole under the bonnet..

If you turn the headlights on the lights come one fine and the flashing stops, but the LED on the dash flashes all the time and you can still hear the relay clicking for the light flashes

Can anyone help please ? I am happy to disconnect the alarm if possible as long as the central locking still works..

Thanks
Paul
306 Alarm Problems after flat battery - Peter D
Close all doors and override bonnet switch, disconnect Neg terminal on battery and wait 30 seconds reconnect cleanly and secure wait 2 mins then try system again. Regards Peter
306 Alarm Problems after flat battery - PaulC2004
Cheers for the quick response Peter, when you say override the switch, I've not seen the bonnet switch yet but will try tonight, presumably just taping it down will do for the puposes of this ? or are you suggesting a sticking the wires together ?

Also, what does the alarm key do (if I had one!)?

Cheers
306 Alarm Problems after flat battery - abeatty90
I have the same problem only my car dosent start at all and the lights flashing and clicking sound also a red flashing light on the dash board.
306 Alarm Problems after flat battery - pmh
i have had 2 different Fords (separated by 7 years) that both sometimes used to get in a confused state that was best resolved by locking and unlocking each of the front doors in turn.

Not saying it will work for you, but a simple thing to try.

--
pmh (was peter)

306 Alarm Problems after flat battery - Peter D
Yes just tape it over, if you have one of course. If that fails post on the BBA.reman.com site and go to the dedicated pug section. Regards Peter
306 Alarm Problems after flat battery - solara
Classic symptoms of a weak battery, and fluctuating voltages.
Measure the battery voltage, as you put load on battery eg switch on lights etc.
Stick it on full charge and then see how it goes.
If symptoms reappear with time, change your battery.
306 Alarm Problems after flat battery - Mondaywoe
Had similar problems with my old Xantia and ended up having to drive 10 miles for a new battery with the alarm going continuously! The alarm had it's own internal battery and kept going even with main battery disconnected! It all boiled down to a weak battery though and a new one + a few goes of the remote put everything to rights. Wouldn't care, the battery was only 9 years old......... :-) :-)

Graeme
306 Alarm Problems after flat battery - solara
Also check all battery connections for corroded terminals, aswell as weak earth points.