Omega suspension braking problem - allandm
I am at my wits end here. My 95 Omega V6 estate has an odd problem in that it slowly wanders to the right when braking gently, holding the wheel still. If you do it not holding the wheel the wheel steers slightly left and the car pulls up straight. Even stranger when you brake really hard the problem disappears! Have stripped down and checked the calipers and changed pads, replaced both front wishbones 6 months ago. Checked tyre pressures etc and had tracking done in September when I replaced a track rod end. Only things left, could it be a rear brakes problem? Any ideas?
Omega suspension braking problem - Schnitzel
When you replaced the wishbones, were they genuine or pattern parts, the latter are generally useless. This problem could easily be caused by a bush giving way. Moving the wheel back in the wheel arch (probably right hand side first) which will make it steer to the right.
When the wishbones are fitted, it is essential, that the bolts be tightened with the car's weight on the wheels, plus a full tank of fuel and 75kg on each front seat. If they are tightened with the car in the air and the wheels hanging down, the bushes will wind up, and the nylon wedges will be in the wrong places.

If you are sure the wishbones are OK, next check all the other joints for play along the control arm, the track rod ends, and the idler arm (passenger side in mirror image location of steering box)

If these all seem OK, I would move onto having 4 wheel alignment, both front and rear are adjustable for toe and insist that the front camber be set if out of spec, even if each side is nearly equal amounts out.
Good luck! They really are great once set up correctly!
Omega suspension braking problem - Schnitzel
Maybe an MOT test would be best to eliminate the brakes, does anyone know if these machines will test imbalance between both sides of an 'axle'?