Supersites - cdbr
Has anyone any experience of buying from Motorpoint? They have what appear to be some good deals at present.
Supersites - Hugo {P}
No experience but FWIW you may get some mileage in seeing if your local dealer can match their offers.

Hugo
Supersites - DavidHM
And a good reputation.

Not all of their deals are unbeatable - if it's an import, look very closely at what the brokers are doing on UK cars and if it's within 5%, get that instead. If it's an import not to UK specification, make that 10%.

You won't get many frills and they won't give you a fortune for your part exchange, but mostly they do what they say on the tin from what I can make out.
Supersites - Hugo {P}
.....and if you can't get them to match the price exactly, get them to throw in a few extras to the value of.

The price you pay for accessories is probably more than twice what they pay.

The local Nissan dealer wouldn't give me £200 more discount but they did give me 4 free Nissan/Renault branded roofbars for the Primastar. Now that's got to be worth the £200!
Supersites - cdbr
It is the Focus/Megane I have seen (for SWMBO). Their recent ad for the Ford, compares two new ones a 1.8 Ghia and a 1.6 Zetec with two cars the same at a Ford retailer, advertised in Autotrader.

The thing about Motorpoint is, I drive in Yorkshire and Derbyshire alot and I rarely see a number plate with their name on. (Sad I know, but I always look at the dealer name on cars I like!)
Supersites - adverse camber
I would recommend checking with the local trading standards before dealing with any hypermarket.

Or try googling with their name and trading standards - its can be surprising what you find. One hypermarket was found to be misdescribing and clocking cars.

Another has been done for illegally retaining deposits and having illegal terms in its contracts (which it put back later even after being done)

I travelled 250 miles to look at a car in Northampton which turned out not to exist. It was on their system but turned out to be an amalgam of two cars (price and engine size and number plate from one, make and model of another) when I spoke to them on the phone before travelling they told me all about it, described the spec, etc.
Supersitess - doctorchris
Well it's almost 5 years ago but I did buy the Nissan Terrano that I still drive from Motorpoint Derby and have been delighted with it and feel I got a good deal.
I never got round to comparing the price with the local Nissan dealer because when I turned up there to do business I was told the salesmen were at lunch and could I come back later (I never did).
Supersitess - blue_haddock
I work for a main dealer in Burton on trent and deal with customers all over the country. Yesterday i had a customer part exchange a new shape diesel mondeo estate which was from motorpoint of derby and the customer was from Gravesend in Kent.
Supersitess - BobL
Bought yaris from motorpoint 4 years ago without any problems. Just remember the car will be pre reg and check where the car has been imported from. I recently bought a new scenic and was tempted by Motorpoint price but then found out it was from Cyprus (now in EEC) and did not have the same immobiliser which would have meant insurance problems (higher premiums or get correct immob fitted) and other minor differences. I bought car from Motorprovider for about £400 more (on £13k car) but car was uk reg (my name first on the v5). Good service.
Supersitess - tyre tread
One of the main motoring mags did a supplement guide to Car Supermarkets a few montns ago and the top of the tree came out as Fords or Winsford (www.fow.co.uk). I was pleased about this as I have bought several cars from them over the years and recommended may friends & relatives none of whom have had anything but praise for them.

Fords of Winsford (based in Winsford, Cheshire)were the first car supermarket in the UK and their (new) site is vast - 13 acres I believe.

Don't be confused by the name as they are NOT a Ford main dealer and never have been - they deal in all makes.

I have no relationship with this company I am just a long term satisfied customer!
Supersitess - machika
I believe that availablecar.com of Castle Donington (near Derby) are at the top of, or near the top of car supermarket ratings at present.
Supersitess - Stuartli
The "Ford" in Fords of Winsford is the surname of the family which owns the company - I've been with people several times who have bought cars there and was impressed all round.

It offers a giant, well organised and laid out vehicles' display area and features a wide range of marques.

However, part exchange prices offered reflect the lower prices charged for vehicles on sale.

Re Motorpoint - it was the company featured in a multi-part series shown on TV about a year ago and, as far as I'm concerned, presented a number of reasons why I wouldn't be too inclined to deal with it....:-))

Carcraft is a firm that has had somewhat dubious TV exposure on consumer relations programes, although it claims to have cleaned up its act ("We've listened to what our customers want etc....")
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by