Audi A4 - turboman
I am looking for peoples opinions about the Audi A4 M registered. Are they any good Yes / No? (Genuine reason for inquiry Thanks for any help.)
Audi A4 - Dynamic Dave
You'll probably get a better response in Discussion. One of us will move it across shortly. DD.
Audi A4 - Mark (RLBS)
>>genuine reason for inquiry

"Because I'm gonna nick one for a bank heist" would be a genuine reason. Not a good one, but definitely genuine.

Now moving to discussion....Please fasten your seatbelts and don't for goodness sake look down.
Audi A4 - Duchess
My Mum drives one of these (and my brother a P-reg) and she's happy with it. Mind you she must drive less than 3000 miles a year. Only had a few little things to fix/replace but she does insist on taking it to a main dealer for its annual service and then grumbles about how much it costs.
Audi A4 - adverse camber
the front suspension arms are almost a service item - they are that bad. the bushes come out of the arms, and if they dont hold them in place correctly when they fit the replacements then they fail even faster.

Radiators go, Locks can fail. ignition switches, immobilizers also problematic.

solid tdi engines though.

Audi A4 - adverse camber
forgot - maf failure, although the early ones are much better than the later ones so M plate should be OK. If they fail you can now get 3rd party probe replacements or Im told one from mercedes which is cheaper than the audi one.
Audi A4 - madf
check cambelts and tensioners! £250 change job. If not done £000s bang!

madf

Audi A4 - turboman
How did you know THAT!
Audi A4 - Lucian Deville
Hi

Years ago \I had a 2:0E Audi - sold it with 96k on the clock - owned since it was a year old in 93 - one battery change at 60k - pads at 46k - suspension bush around 80k - otherwise, bullit proof.

LD

btw: only service on the car was, one change of plugs and oil change every 13/14 months. and air filter at 50k.
Audi A4 - Aprilia
Potential probs include....
Creaking dash
Immobiliser pick-up coil (around st. lock).
Front suspension bushes and b/joints
Some engines have plastic impeller on w/pump
Central locking
Climate control PCB prone to dry joints
HVAC stepper motors can fail (awkward and expensive to replace - ask me how I know!)
Audi A4 - Buster Cambelt
Great car - one of Audi's best. Make sure that the suspension arms get looked at. Go for SE spec and make sure it has climate control. Don't skimp on services or cam belt (etc) change.
Audi A4 - Xileno {P}
As Aprilia said, creaking dashboards were a problem on some models. Change oil and filter regularly for long life.
Audi A4 - autumnboy
My son-inlaw has a A4 td X reg 130k plus, no problems with regular servicing. Just routine things like tyres and cambelts etc.

The only problem (4door)its abit cramped in the rear area, accessing and leaving the rear seating (if you have the average tall passengers and anyone with big feet.) The opening is a little restricted.

Otherwise a Good choice.
Audi A4 - El Dingo
We have a 2.6 V6 Avant on a N plate with 125K miles - wonderful engine and very reliable/super quiet on the motorway (with Conti eco-contact tyres). Had the suspension arms done three years ago under Audi goodwill, rear offside 'floating' caliper siezed last summer and the locks are starting to get 'sticky', otherwise no problems.
El Dingo.