the badtrans virus. - ladas are cool
if you go into yahoo.co.uk then look at the news feature on the right of the page, it has some stories about the BADTRANS virus, it says that the person that made the virus can monitor what the keyboard is typing, so if you type in your credit card details, the virus sender can see what numbers are being used, so can steal the credit card number.
Re: the badtrans virus. - Honest John
The professional fix for my kit was Norton antivirus 2002, which then has to spend about an hour and a half online uploading its own updates before it has a catch for BADTRANS.B. Worth it, though. Costs £45. Auto-updates whenever you go online.

HJ
Re: the badtrans virus. - Simon Saxton

One of my friends runs a small network list & he has been hit this week with it.
If you want a free virus infection check go to securityresponse.symantec.com. It only takes about 10 minutes.

regards
Simon
Re: the badtrans virus. - Colin M
Also worth trying is www.antivirus.com where there is a free online virus checker, repairer.

Just think, one day you could plug your car in to the manufacturers online system and get free diagnostics and electronic fixes & firmware updates!

Maybe not, I'll get my coat.