Snow - how lazy can you get? - PhilW
Had an inch or so of horrible wet snow last night, then skies cleared so it froze to windscreen etc. Took a while to clear from mine and SWMBo's cars this morning but was amazed how many people were driving with obscured rear screens and even some with only a small aperture cleared on windscreen. What took the biscuit however was that I followed a car a few miles tonight, 20 hours after snow had stopped falling, whose rear screen was still completely covered in snow. Oh well, thought I, at least he/she will have door mirrors, but as I drew closer behaind I noticed that both door mirrors were still completely covered with frozen snow. Rearward vision must have been absolutely zero.
Snow - how lazy can you get? - v8man
Bet he had his fogs on though!
--
\"Nothing less than 8 cylinders will do\"
Snow - how lazy can you get? - DP
It was great this morning. Fire up car. Heated rear window on, heated mirrors on, Quickclear screen on, quick scrape of the side windows and sit on the radiator in the porch with a coffee and a fag while the car de-ices itself.

Those Quickclear screens are brilliant.

Snow - how lazy can you get? - SjB {P}

Not as good as a garage!
Snow - how lazy can you get? - madux
Not as good as a garage!

Even better (he says, smugly) walk to work like wot I do.
Snow - how lazy can you get? - Pugugly {P}
not as good as a warm duvet.
Snow - how lazy can you get? - Imagos
Owned three cars now (Fords) with heated screens but every winter less and less of the wires seem to work, and no obvious chips in the screen.

What's all that about?
Snow - how lazy can you get? - v8man
The heated screen on the Rangie is 10 years old now and still all works fine. The heated mirrors are good as well.
--
\"Nothing less than 8 cylinders will do\"
Snow - how lazy can you get? - Stuartli
As Mrs Merton used to say: "Let's have a heated debate".....
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Snow - how lazy can you get? - tack
Do you know what? This is one thing which irritates the hell out of me. You see the school mums run in the morning. Frosted rear window, frosted windscreen with a 1" square view hole, frosted side windows and mirrors. You'd think they'd be good at driving a Sherman Tank (or an Audi TT!) I know ladies don't like getting their hands cold and wet, but listen, tell the little tykes that they have to clear the screen or they don't get a lift to school!
Snow - how lazy can you get? - madux
Yes - the Audi TT worries me too. You can't see the top of the driver's head. Does this mean he can't see you either?
Snow - how lazy can you get? - Aprilia
If you have a car on the driveway then stick a fan heater in it. I used to use a 'flat' mains extension cable so the door could be shut. Plug it into a mains timer and set it to come on 15mins before you leave for work. Then you can jump into a nicely defrosted car and no need for engine-damaging cold-idle on the drive.
Snow - how lazy can you get? - nortones2
Some people live chaotic lives. It wouldn't matter if their chaos stayed behind their front door, it would be entirely up to them. Unfortunately they now also drive.