HIgh Mileage Volvo Diesel - Happy Blue!
Seriously thining about buying a Volvo S80 D5 auto. It is 10 months old and has 30,000miles. The history is that it was a chauffeur driven car ferrying hotel guests between Central London and the airports.

I know the S80 model well (I have just sold a 2.9), but what should I look for when buying it and what should I do once I do buy it, assuming that I do?

Thanks

--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
HIgh Mileage Volvo Diesel - Altea Ego
None volvo specific here, but assuming general car use things.

30k in 10 months? Central London to Airports?
Well the engine should be wearing its miles well sounds like it barely got cold. Assuming tho that well over half the mileage is London start/stop the brakes will need a look see. Pads and disks. Might have been 5 up with lots of luggage a few times.
HIgh Mileage Volvo Diesel - PhilDews
30K in 10 months ain't all that bad - I manage about 3K a month generally, without any really long distance trips.

Its the consumables that will need to be considered, as RF says - brakes, tyres, possibly shocks - if theres been a lot of driving over speed humps with 4 passengers + luggage....

Presumably its covered under warranty? Might be worth having a look at the garages record of servicing, to see whether its had any none-standard repairs done (whether warranty or not)

Hope this helps....