Fiesta Passenger Footwell very soggy - nozmeister
Just cleaning the car yesterday and looked under the mats and the passenger footwell was sodden with water. Lifted up the carpet and insulation and this is absoluting soaked.

Any clues where this is coming from? I hear that there are likely to be numerous places where this could be coming in from.

I've cleaned the area where the water drains away around the pollen filter as this had a few leaves, etc. in there.

Thanks in advance!
Fiesta Passenger Footwell very soggy - John24
Depends on the age of the car. If old enough for rust to have set in, likliest spot is heater matrix.Have you noticed any drop in coolant level in radiator?
Fiesta Passenger Footwell very soggy - Adam {P}
What age is the Fiesta?

There is a fault on the Focus which I suffered recently but I don't know whether it affects the Fiesta. The problem is with the pollen filter - or rather the cover that goes over it and seals against the windscreen.

Like I say, different car but exactly the same symptoms.
--
Adam
Fiesta Passenger Footwell very soggy - madf
classic faults
1. leak from bulkhead where hoses/cable enter. Use silicon sealant - lots of it.
2. Seals leak on passenger side front door at bottom - especially when washed with hose. Often replaced by Ford under warranty. Check hosing with someone inside car. Cure: new seals..

madf

Fiesta Passenger Footwell very soggy - nozmeister
thanks fellas,

The coolant hasn't gone down so I reckon it's something around the bulkhead.

Can you easily remove the filter from the bulkhead so you can put mastic around it?

Fiesta Passenger Footwell very soggy - colin20
When I had this problem with my Mondeo it was due to the Ford replacement pollen filter being slightly oversize and distorting the housing allowing rain water to enter the heater air intake.Fitting a Halfords filter cured the problem.
Fiesta Passenger Footwell very soggy - pmh
Well discussed previously

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=i&t=85...0

If not pollen filter invest in Mastic Gun and tubes of silicon sealant and read my description on difficulties of working blind!

pmh (was peter)
Fiesta Passenger Footwell very soggy - Desb
I had a similar problem with my 1.4 zetec A/C.
My local garage fixed it by clearing out the A/C plenum chamber drain tube. They reckoned this is a common cause.
If yours does not have an A/C I suppose it is back to the drawing board.