'Roadster' handsfree kit - SjB {P}
I currently wear a Plantronics Bluetooth handsfree ear piece, which works perfectly well, but I get fed up with the feeling of having something hanging from my ear after more than half an hour's driving.

I therefore intend to switch to a combined 'charger, cradle, loudspeaker, and microphone' solution.

With this in mind, have any fellow BRers used the 'Roadster' handsfree kit, please? A forum search did not return any hits, and Google returned reviews of varying praise, hence asking the question before I buy one. Whatever kit I buy will be used in the relatively peaceful environment that is a Volvo V70 2.4T, with tyre drone the dominant noise source when cruising.

The unit appears to meet my needs and be simplicity itself, as shown here:
www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/3211.htm

The only 'problem' I know I will have, but am happy to live with, is the occasional 'didit didit didit' that comes from placing a cellphone in close proximity to the stereo head unit. Experimentation by switching my phone on and off has shown that I have to sit on the back seat to completely eliminate it, so I'll live with it!

'Roadster' handsfree kit - henry k
Consider a more bespoke bracket for the phone?
I made one not disimilar to...
Have a look at
shop.dashmount.co.uk/volvo.asp
'Roadster' handsfree kit - SjB {P}
Hi Henry K!
Nice to hear from you!

Yes, there are plenty of brackets available - the Proclip range from www.brodit.com/?l=1 being my favourite - but the most importance factor is throwing the earpiece in the bin, and replacing it with a loudspeaker and microphone.

The Roaster offers this for buttons, but I'd especially like to know how effective the microphone and speaker are before buying one.

Cheers!