DC Cook Direct - KaesarSosei
Hello,

This is my first post. I've been lurking for a while though and there is a lot of good discussion on here!

Has anyone ever done business with this company? They seem to offer really good prices, however I am having an absolute nightmare waiting for my car from them. Does anyone know anything about them that I should be aware of?

Cheers.
DC Cook Direct - daveyjp
I have edited the following text. I have tried to retain the sense of what is being said, but make it a little safer from our point of view.
Daveyjp - if you're not happy with what I've done, I'll remove the note altogether - let me know. Mark.

West Yorkshire Trading Standards run a Motor Trade Partnership Scheme whereby members agree to uphold standards in terms of the vehicles they sell, the promises they make and the way they treat customers.

DC Cook Direct were a member until membership ceased recently. This membership would only normally be withdrawn by Trading Standards due to a company persistently failing to adhere to the partnership's ethos. It is not absolutely known what happened in this case.

My grandfather bought a car off DC Cook 25 years ago and had nothing but trouble - old habits die hard!
DC Cook Direct - KaesarSosei
Strange coincidence, I have just spent an hour trawling the web for any info about them and the only thing I turned up was a press release about that scheme you mentioned.

I would love to hear anybody elses experience with them though, I'm really getting stressed about the whole issue now. Can anyone give me advice about what I should do or say to them?

Long story/short

I ordered a Nissan Primera Saloon June 30th. They said 8 weeks ABSOLUTE maximum but more likely to be 4 or less.

By start of October still nothing. This car is manufactured in Sunderland! Also I had learned that the Saloon was discontinued in July!

So I cancelled my order. They were due to ring me back but while I was waiting I checked their site and noticed a good deal on a Mondeo. So I said I would change to that IF they could promise the 7 day delivery quoted on the site for that car. They said in practice it was more likely to be 10, but this was OK with me anyway. That was 7th October. All this week I've rang them and they say it 'could' be on the next transporter.

Any help much appreciated :(
DC Cook Direct - machika
They used to run a multi dealership site in Derby, which was taken over by Ilkeston Co-op. I can't remember why D C Cook vacated it though.
DC Cook Direct - Bill Payer
They used to run a multi dealership site in Derby, which
was taken over by Ilkeston Co-op. I can't remember why
D C Cook vacated it though.

They went bust. I bought a new car from DC Cook in Crewe, but I knew they were cowboys and got a very good deal. I wouldn't have dreamed of buying a used car from them