astra door mirror change - gingerwinger
can anyone help me ?? is it possable to change from the manual door mirror to the electric mirror's. is it a case of just getting the new mirror's & mirror switch or not. its a mk3 astra.
astra door mirror change - Mikey Jay
gingerwinger, I know this may sound crass, but I should ask a main dealer about this. If possible to fit electric mirrors it could be expensive.
astra door mirror change - Dynamic Dave
It all depends if the wiring loom is there or not. If it is, then theoretically yes, it's possible, but in practice you're looking at a lot of work (and money) for what is at the end of the day a gadget you're not going to use that often.
The only was you'll know if the loom is there or not is to start ripping off door cards and then use the wiring diagram in the back of a Haynes manual to cross reference.
astra door mirror change - gingerwinger
thats another problem i have got. you say to check it with a haynes manual but i cant find a manual that covers the astra turbo diesel models. all i can find is the petrol one's...
astra door mirror change - Civic8
Petrol wiring will be the same. Accessories wise anyway. would check out fuse box first to make sure fuse has contacts in the fusebox. if it doesnt ie mirrors arent on it/blanked out ..its unlikely to have wiring in place..
I may be wrong there. But in most cases if fuse connection is blanked off. there wont be any wiring?
--
Steve
astra door mirror change - elekie&a/c doctor
If the car has electric windows,you may be lucky with wiring for mirrors,if not ;forget it!!