Dead bug removal - suitable product - Marc
Evening. Washing the car today and I have a rash of dead bugs from the summer all over my front bumper and the front of the bonnet. Using my normal shampoo (Carplan Triplewax) doesn't shift them and I've also tried a little Autoglym tar remover but no joy there either. Anybody know of a readily available product that works

Thanks

Marc
Dead bug removal - suitable product - Roberson
HI,

To remove the "crispy bits" of the bugs off the paintwork, try a little bit of car wax or cutting paste.

If your bumpers are coulour coded (painted/laquered finnish) then you can do the same thing. If however, they are exposed plastic, try an old toothbrush or nailbrush with some strong solution of soap suitable for cars.

There are some dedicated bug removers i think, but can't recall the name. Sure someone else might though.

Hope this helps
Dead bug removal - suitable product - SjB {P}
A trick I have long used on my motorcycle helmet visors - which are easily attacked by many apparently innocent cleaning products - is to soak an old tea towel, drape it over, and leave it for a while whilst you get on with something else. Works a treat, and I have started to use the same technique on our cars' wing mirrors.
Dead bug removal - suitable product - martint123
Wash the car more often!.
The 'gubbins' from bugs internals can attack the paint.
Like the previous poster, I use a wet paper kitchen towel placed on my visor to 'soften' the beasties, which then just wipe off after half an hour or so. If they're old, repeated application may be needed.

Martin
Dead bug removal - suitable product - smokie
I use a sponge which has a nylon mesh over it. It's designed for use on glass, but I also use it gently on paintwork when necessary and after leaving the bodies to soak for a while.
Dead bug removal - suitable product - PhilW
How about Turtle Wax Bug and Tar Remover - seen it in Halfords and used it- it works, though a good soaking then wiping off probably works just as well
Dead bug removal - suitable product - PR {P}
I use a Halfords own label "bug and tar remover", spray on, leave for 5mins then they just wipe off. You then need to wash any residual off.
Dead bug removal - suitable product - Dulwich Estate
If I were you, I wouldn't be so public about killing insects. They've already banned hunting and I can see an idea being plotted by B liar and friends: "Save the insects - new national speed limit 15mph".
Dead bug removal - suitable product - PhilW
You should be OK as long as you don't kill the insects using your dogs and horses like the toffs do. As long as it's a sport done by us commoners we should be OK. After all, doesn't Prescott have two Jags for killing insects??
Dead bug removal - suitable product - pmh
Windscreen washer liquid and Bug removal aerosols sold in France (South anyway) appear to be much more effective than any UK Product and generally much cheaper (at the hypermarkets). I guess that the Northern France products are the same.

Next time you are away buy some stock.

pmh (was peter)
Dead bug removal - suitable product - AR-CoolC
In the good ol' days when I drove a company van (white of course) I would add a little bleach to the bucket when washing, start at the front end working my way round the van finishing at the bonnet again, buy this time they fell off.

I never tried it on my own car though, as I wasn't particulaly bothered if I damaged the paint on a company van!

(Glass-Tech)
Dead bug removal - suitable product - Stuartli
For glass, if proprietory window cleaners are not effective, try some vinegar modestly diluted with water; paintwork bugs should come off either after a good soaking and/or using a small amount of car polish. Alternatively, some people find methelayted spirit works for them.

By the way this is a guide to how the professionals do it(!):

www.oasiscarwash.co.uk/3324/Without_fl/procedures....l

Or see Decosol's wax and clean products for aircraft - including Aerowash Type 302 - (not just car cleaning products from this company!):

www.decosol.ukltd.com/
Dead bug removal - suitable product - smokie
Glad to see Oasis use my bug sponge.

Thanks Stuart, interesting article.
Dead bug removal - suitable product - SjB {P}
Interesting, but they missed the importance of cleaning the wiper blade contact surface. Makes a huge difference over time to effective wiping without juddering or smearing.