Mercedes Benz Viano - Adam {P}
Morning all,
I haven't started a thread for a while so I thought I'd unleash my (half) wit on you all.

Dad came home in a Mercedes Benz Viano yesterday and I am very very impressed. It's a 2.2 CDi with tinted windows all over the place and electric everything. Full leather, comfy but one of the strangest things is the key. It isn't a key to be perfectly honest - it looks more like a blutooth dongle. The end of is infrared and slots into a little hole. When you put it in, the steering lock makes a whirring noise and electronically releases. Needless to say that was the most impressive part!

The 'handbrake' was also a little elusive until I couldn't resist and pressed a tiny little peddle. Of course, parking it in the drive was fun but other than that, for a people carrier/minibus/whatever you want to call it, it was pretty impressive.

Before I go getting too excited, we have to take it back today as it isn't ours but for £25k as I understand it, it seems cheap for what it is. I mean, it isn't cheap cheap. But looking at it I would have said over 30k.

Anyway, that's my review over - you can all go out and buy them now!

Thanks
Adam
Mercedes Benz Viano - blue_haddock
The Viano is a nicely spec'd vehicle if you go for Ambiente trim which it sounds like yours is. The main problem with it though is that it looks like a van and it drives like a van, and thats probably got something to do with the fact it's based on a van!
Hi,
Yes - it did feel a little vannish but the auto gearbox (don't know if they all have these) made life pretty easy. Apart from the noisy engine it was quite a nice ride.

It was the Ambiente trim level by the way.
Adam
Mercedes Benz Viano - volvoman
I'd agree they seem to offer lots of goodies for the price but the V class seems to have a very poor reputation when it comes to reliability so some of those nice gadgets may well turn into very expensive liabilities.
I can see what you mean V. Things such as electronic suspension adjust could go horribly wrong. Have to say though, the boot was actually quite big given it's primary use is to carry people. Seats were a bit of a nightmare to lock into place because you can't set them upright until they are locked down. Parking sensors as well. Thank god I don't have them. It would drive me nuts. Only found the switch to turn them off today as well!

The onboard computer was handy and large enough to see. If only we could see those words all the time - "No faults reported"
Adam
Mercedes Benz Viano - NowWheels
If only we could see those words all the time - "No faults reported"

You could just wire up an LCD set to permanently display that text :)

None reported, and what you don't know about needn't worry you ...
This is very true NW. Mind you, it also said "6000 miles overdue for Service A"

Whoops!
Adam