V5 for pre reg car - BobbyG
As mentioned before, I purchased a pre reg Scenic from Renault dealer. Car was registered on 29 June and I purchased it on 3 July with something like 6 miles on clock.

I have not received the log book in from DVLA yet. When I questioned this with the dealer yesterday, he advised me that as it was a pre reg, there would be a 3 month delay. Unfortunately my mobile went dead at that time and salesman is not in today.

I am not unduly concerned however, it I had to present this at a police station, or there was a speeding ticket where would it be sent to?

Is the 3 months a tax loophole that the garage needs to allegedly keep the car for? Wonder what date of change of ownership will appear?

Any ideas, experience of this?
V5 for pre reg car - Wales Forester
My father purchased a pre-reg Mondeo Estate a couple of years ago, the vehicle being registered on 10 July and him picking it as brand new, but second registered keeper, on 16 July with 10 miles on the clock.
I remember quite clearly that the V5 then took over 8 weeks to appear.

PP
V5 for pre reg car - defender
if the dealer registered it to themselves as a demonstrator then they are supposed to keep it for at least 90 days before selling it.change of ownership date might show this to be the case
V5 for pre reg car - Dynamic Dave
AFAIA, the police never request a gander at your log book.

If you want to check when the vehicle was first registered and last change of owner, goto www.rac.co.uk and click on "My RAC". Next click on Register, then follow the prompts and questions. Finally once you've done all that, enter the registration number you're wanting to look for, and *hopefully* providing the list has been recently updated, the dates will match those that you mention.

More details here:-
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=22532

I bought a car back at the start of June and it took a month or so for the RAC site tocatch up with the correct details.
V5 for pre reg car - PoloGirl
Not directly related to this thread but just a note to say don't place too much hope on that RAC check thing. I'm the third owner of Polo and have been for 3 years, but it still says that he only had one previous owner before being with me since 2001.

The only way to check for sure is to do an HPI check.
V5 for pre reg car - Adam {P}
I agree with PG. According to the RAC I'm the 4th owner of my car when I know for a fact that I'm the 3rd.
Adam
DD,
AFAIK, RAC dropped this facility from their site back at end of July. I had used it previously but got email from them saying they were dropping it.
When I was on trying to get insurance quotes some of the companies could not find my car from the reg, but others could?

Strange!
V5 for pre reg car - Dynamic Dave
DD,
AFAIK, RAC dropped this facility from their site back at end
of July. I had used it previously but got email from
them saying they were dropping it.

There was mention of it on the RAC site as well. However, when I tried last night, I was still able to use it.
DD, just tried it, you are right again! Only has a build date, not registered!