ZX1.9TD - Fitting an Oil breather pipe. - PaulC2004
Hi,
Just popped down to the local dealer to get a new pipe (the old had split) The pipe goes from the top of the Cam Shaft cover and drops any waste oil into the bottom of the filler - where the dip stick sticks in..

Got the pipe, its the right one, but it looks very very tricky and nigh on impossible without a pretty big dismantle.

Any tips please ?

Thanks
Paul
ZX1.9TD - Fitting an Oil breather pipe. - PhilW
Depending on where the split is I'd be tempted to leave the old one on and repair it with Maplins self amalgamating tape - it's wonderful stuff for bodgers!!
ZX1.9TD - Fitting an Oil breather pipe. - dieselhead
I think you need to remove the three allen key bolts from the intercooler (be careful to remove the washers from underneath as one can drop into the inlet manifold), two 6mm bolts at the front and the turbo hose clip.A new D shaped gasket that goes between intercooler and manifold is usually needed as they swell up and wont go back in the recess. Hope this helps!

ZX1.9TD - Fitting an Oil breather pipe. - DL
Welcome to the quirky (and often impossible...) world of French engineering!

There is no easy way to replace this pipe, remove the i/c as mentioned before.....the rest is a fiddle..
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words.....
ZX1.9TD - Fitting an Oil breather pipe. - PaulC2004
Thanks, I knew it wouldn't be easy, the top of the pipe is split so I might just botch it !