Astra ex-mobility car - Dumb
I'm looking for a medium-size car for around £6k. Went to NetworkQ and found an Astra 2001 Y reg , 20000 miles on the clock, for £6k. I was told it's an ex-mobility car. The salesman claimed ex-mobility car is excellent - proper serviced (paid from our tax!), low mileage etc. Is there any downside? Will re-sale value lower at a later time? Any other recommendation for cars on the similar group? Thanks, Dumb.
Astra ex-mobility car - mark
My father bought an ex-motability Nova some years ago it had done very few miles and required a dose of top end treatment and an Italian tune up as it had done on average 20 miles a week until it was sold. It was however in good nick and subsequently lasted with no problems.

I would guess the main thing to look for are holes in dash or trim where adaptions might have been made and of course some indication as to how the car was used.

I still recall an article in our local paper a couple of years ago where two local cabbies were found to be using moability cars obtained by reletives who were entitled to them with the speedos disconnected, oh dear...

as always

Mark