I gave in and sold the lemon! - Galaxian
Hi all,

Never thought I'd give up, but my Laguna 2 1.9 dCi ST is gone!

Traded it in for a 1.8 VVTi Corolla Verso. Lost quite a bit of money, but I could no longer face the prospect of fighting Renault UK Customer (abuse) Services and threw in the towel.

The most amazing thing about the whole experience has been the incredible attitude of Renault CS, they seem not to care at all. I guess Renault is riding high with its huge profits, but I hope their attitude and poor quality control will come back to haunt them.

I think the lesson here is pay attention to a manufacturers customer satisfaction ratings and don't be seduced by HUGE discounts - which leads to HUGE depreciation!

C'est la vie!!!

l2cv
I gave in and sold the lemon! - Ivor E Tower
Regrettably I have also had bad experience with Renault UK (lack of) Customer Services Department. Dealer was most helpful but with no support from RUK was left unable to let me collect my new Scenic in 1998 due to recall problem - I got notification less than one day before collecting the car (or trying to collect it); about 3:00pm on a Friday when I was to collect the car on the Saturday morning then go on holiday in it on the Monday. Is this a record - a car recalled before it was handed over to its new owner? Anyway, in 6 years it seems that RUK's attitude has not changed; maybe they don't care about private sales any more. Anyone from RUK out there - would you like to respond? Was thinking of buying an Espace in due course but am doubtful because of the number of stories I see about RUK's continuing poor responses to problems.
I gave in and sold the lemon! - midlifecrisis
I have a relative who is a Renault salesman. He bluntly states that he would NEVER buy a Renault out of personal choice. His colleagues have sweepstakes about when the new cars will be brought back for repair.
I gave in and sold the lemon! - petesbabes
Try reading the forum on PARKERS price guide (advice section) on the net and most subjects are about RENAULT cars and the crap that people have with them and the help that RENAULT CUSTOMER SERVICE give NOT! If people read about these problems before buying a renault i think most would change there mind, maybe renault should be taught a lesson and people read these forums and not buy a renault, no sales , no profit, then they might actually get the idea that they need to be more supportive to there buyers, as in most cases no customers, no profit, no jobs lets hope that they give a pink fluffy dice, then more people might give them a good report, from what ive seen they dont care so who will buy one with that attitude, NOT ME thats for sure.
I gave in and sold the lemon! - legacylad
So petesbabes,
no firm thoughts on the issue then!!!!
I gave in and sold the lemon! - BobbyG
I am on my third Renault, yes I have read about all the alleged complaints, and yes I still keep buying because I like them and haven't suffered any major hassles.

I have also read many complaints about most other manufacturers as well.
Petesbabes,
It was only 2 months ago you had narrowed your car choice down to a Picasso or Scenic?
I gave in and sold the lemon! - Altea Ego
In MY experience Renault cars have been no worse than any other make I have owned. The dealers have been just as average as any other dealer (but considerably better than a certain vauxhall dealer I could mention)
Maybe I've been spoiled, every car I owned before the Laguna had been ok and my servicing was done by an incredibly competent, honest guy who ran his own business - just gave him the keys and paid the bill. He would only ever do what was needed and was very cheap.

Remarkably, the garage in Edinburgh I have been to most is NOW a Reg Vardy and is very much improved. It's bottom of Reg Vardy's league table (such things do exist!) at the moment, which might explain the emphasis on trying to get things right. It's Renault Customer services who are the clowns.

I'll be able to compare Renault with Toyota pretty soon as there's a funny noise that the car makes when I first move off after the car has been sitting for a while.

Finally, my wife didn't get a nice bunch of flowers when we went to collect the Laguna :-)
Reg Vardy in Sighthill, or Livingston?
Bobby,

The garage I was using is the Sighthill Reg Vardy.

Read the car manual yesterday and the noise it makes when moving off after it has been standing for a while is the Traction Control System testing itself.

Guess I'll be comparing Renault with Toyota later :-)

lnm