How did it go? - volvoman
Haven't been popping in here so often lately but recall there was a meet due in Dorset last weekend IIRC. What happened?? Was I imagining it? The thread's gone and not a comment from anyone since so far as I can see. Did ND terminally embarrass himself or is he still recovering from the effects of excess cider in a hedge somewhere? :)
How did it go? - No Do$h
Three people turned up, two with the surname "Dosh", the third being Alyn Beattie.

I did manage to lose a few hours on Friday evening and Sturday afternoon thanks to SuiCider; one of Devon's finest exports.

Still, I was far from lonely. The place was crammed!
Ah well - glad it didn't spoil your enjoyment too much ND. I believe you were very lucky with the weather though - a very heady mix strong cider and sunshine :)
Just a thought but could the abysmal attendance at all BR meets to date be due in large part to people, having promised to show up, feel (rightly or wrongly) they may not be able to live up to or subsequently maintain their online image/ reputation. Of course things can/do crop up unexpectedly but there are so many people here and after a few false starts Dan J's earlier attempt really looked as though it might herald the start of a regular get together. If nothing else it's nice to be able to put faces to names. With the exception of the enigmatic 'DD' I know for example that we are blessed with at least 2 moderators who bear an
uncanny resemblence to well known and much loved personalities (whose names I will happily reveal to anyone for a small payment). They also now know that I'm not as old as I may seem :)
How did it go? - Adam {P}
I've said it once, I'll say it again. If anyone is up Lancashire/Merseyside way (although why you would be I don't know) I'll have a pint...or two.
Adam
How did it go? - Dynamic Dave
With the exception of the enigmatic \'DD\' I know for example that we are blessed with at least 2 moderators ....

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=14...0

;o)