Chieveley- A34 to M4 West bound - Geffers
Hello
While driving North on the A34, I wonder if anyone else has missed the turning to get on the M4 West bound at Chieveley?
The contractors are doing a superb job on the flyover and all the necessary roadworks. However, while the work is in progress, it's a pity they've left the road signage to our imagination...!
Chieveley- A34 to M4 West bound - No Do$h
I'm currently working in Newbury, having just moved from an office in Theale, West of Reading. The northbound A34 underpass opened 4 weeks ago, before they moved the (few) signs. One of my colleagues missed this and ended up in a convoy Oxford-bound when she wanted to be in Reading. It came as no surprise to her when she took the next exit about 10 miles up the A34 and found a dozen or more cars all making the same about-turn. It's turning into a regular event round here.

ND
Chieveley- A34 to M4 West bound - Geffers
The same thing happened to me as your colleague. Ten miles up the A34, get onto the first cross-over bridge and another ten miles back to the M4 junction. Given the amount of traffic and the consequences, I'm surprised that not one of the motoring organisations have not taken the contractors to task. Where are these people when they're needed?

Chieveley- A34 to M4 West bound - patently
Where are these people when they're needed?

Stuck on the A34, I think.
Chieveley- A34 to M4 West bound - Bromptonaut
Partner had the reverse problem. A34S into services, wrung out kids and away onto the M4W instead of continuing towards SoTon. I blamed the kids for distracting her, perhaps I was too hard.
Chieveley- A34 to M4 West bound - No Do$h
Chieveley services are a law unto themselves. You enter from the A34 Southbound, just south of the M4. When you leave you join the westbound offslip from the M4! Very easy to think you are rejoining the southbound A34 and head off towards Brizzle.