Mitubishi Colt - Unusual Noise - Martin Wall
Hi

A few weeks ago I noticed a squealing noise coming from (I think) the rear of the car. I think it was brake-related as gently braking caused it to disappear. This happened a few times.

I had the car in for a service, MOT and cambelt change this week and nothing untoward was mentioned to me.

Today driving at 70mph on a stretch of motorway I heard a metallic droning noise that I thought was due to a change of road surface or a nearby vehicle. When there was less traffic I realised it was my car. The noise was quite loud although there was no loss of power. When I got off the motoway and slowed down the noise disappeared.

Any idea? Does this sound like a brake problem, a dodgy wheel-bearing or something else? How can I confirm this?

thanks in advance
Mitubishi Colt - Unusual Noise - Civic8
You didnt say what date it is?. possible you may have dry wheel bearing. Not knowing the motor I dont know what type is fitted?. Tapered bearings can be regreased. Sealed type press fit should be replaced.Try jacking up each rear wheel and spin by hand. Usually bearing will be noisy on the spin
--
Was mech1