Buying off the Internet - Abbie

Anyone got any experience of buying new cars from the internet? I've found a company who reckon they can get a brand new Focus ST170 for about £4000 less than the list price. They seem genuine enough, and explained that they buy in bulk from Ford to get the discounted prices. Their cars aren't imports, they are 54 plates, the only mileage is delivery mileage and they come with 3 years manufacturers warranty. They didn't mention whether I would be the second registered keeper - I will need to check on this, but even still.....

OK - so what's the catch?
Buying off the Internet - DavidHM
Who's the company? Any naming and shaming will be stamped on by the mods, of course, but it doesn't look like these people have anything to be ashamed of.

Catches - the p/x offer may be low, or non-existent - and obviously your local dealer can probably be persuaded into £1,500 of discount with just a little gentle prodding - but it'd take an absurdly generous p/x of the kind that gets salesmen fired to make it financially better for you to trade in.

Other than that, they may be based in Edinburgh and you may be based in Plymouth, but that's only a problem if you don't like driving or their delivery fees are more expensive.

Finally there is a chance that your local dealer will be awkward about doing any warranty work on the car but they *are* paid for it by Ford regardless and if that is their attitude, you're probably better off finding someone more co-operative whether or not you buy from the broker.