honda civic electrics - adrian6
Honda Civic Aerodeck 2000. Heater blower/fan has ceased to function on lower two speeds. Any ideas as to why and where do I start looking? Upper (faster speeds) all OK. Thanks for any advice!
honda civic electrics - Dynamic Dave

Sounds like the resistor pack has failed - common fault if the lower speeds fail to work but the high speed still does. No idae where it's located though.
Thanks, if I find it, I'll let you know! Anyone else any ideas?
honda civic electrics - Altea Ego
On most makes they are usually located on or very near the fan casing. Toddle down your local breakers yard they might have one or know where it is, or failing that visit your honda dealer and buy one (its nearly 100% the cause) and get the storeman to show you where it is on his parts diagrams.
honda civic electrics - billy25
just a note of caution!

if the civic is anything like my prelude, access to the blower motor, is allegedly behind the centre dashboard, and involves removing radio/cd/. ensure you know the codes!, also according to my book, if you have airbags installed you have to follow the service recommendations to prevent accidental deployment.

billy.
honda civic electrics - edisdead {P}
Adrian, I did this recently on a Rover 400, the resistor pack was located just behind the glovebox. Might well be the same in your Civic. Stick around - there's bound to be someone along soon who can confirm.
See this thread for more advice: www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=17764&...f
hth,
Ed.
Thanks
Honda civic resistor pack - adrian6
As you all kindly suggested, the heater blower resistor pack had burnt out, giving upper speed only. I did as suggested, asked my friendly Honda stores man where it was fitted. He printed (!) off the relevant page and sold me the pack for 22.65 UKP. Drop glove box - 2 screws -2 minutes - disconnect plug - 15 secs - remove old unit - 1 minute - fit new one, reconnect and replace glove box 6 minutes. Satisfaction rating 100% Very many thanks to all who advised!! Adrian.

{Moved to the original thread as related to this. DD.}
Honda civic resistor pack - Dynamic Dave
The following link might be of help in the future.

www.honda.co.uk/owner/workshopmanuals.html

Honda civic resistor pack - adrian6
Thanks Dave, only older models covered at present.