Problem 125cc scooter (4 stroke) - Gregory R
I have three problems with a brand new 125cc Scooter (4 stroke) with automatic CVT transmission which I hope someone can help me with.

The first problem is that on one occasion, the engine stalled when turning into a junction. This happened when the engine was completely warm and it was raining. Any suggestions?

The second problem is that sometimes, when I am riding down the road and need to accelerate, I increase the throttle but only get a response a second or two later.

And finally, when starting the bike the revs are very unstable and it takes a good few minutes for it to idle at the lower revs it should. Once a few minutes is up, it will stay at the correct rpm with only a little movement.

I look forward to your responses to this one.
Problem 125cc scooter (4 stroke) - J Bonington Jagworth
At first glance, it sounds like carburation. Presumably it has an automatic choke, which may not be set correctly. Also, if it's watercooled, the thermostat may be malfunctioning.

As it's brand new, can you not get it sorted by the supplier?
Problem 125cc scooter (4 stroke) - paulb {P}
Gregory, ISTR that you were looking at Kymco among others, unless I've gone totally doolally. Was it one of those that you eneded up buying? Reason I ask is that my Dad reminded me the other day that his new Kymco 125 had had a similar problem when it was brand new, which turned out to be caused by the ECU (I didn't know that scooters had these, but there you go). This was attributed to a rogue batch of chips - once replaced, it was (and remains) fine.
Problem 125cc scooter (4 stroke) - Gregory R
This was one for my sister. I helped her buy it in London, and we are now having it set up properly (on warranty) by our local dealer in Brighton. Obviously, the cowboys in London didn't do the setting up properly, so once sorted it will be excellent. Anyway, compared to my current bike (yamaha), the Kymco is far better in terms of build quality and engineering. The engine in the kymco's are better than any other scooter I have ever ridden. They are quick, reliable, quiet and my sister has already covered 760km in one week with only the set up on the carb/ choke not done properly causing minor problems. And, it has used no oil at all. And it averages almost 90mpg compared to my 125cc's 85mpg.