Using brake anti-squeal grease? - Cliff_G
Some main dealers will not use a copper-based anti-squeal grease (e.g. Copaslip istr) on the back of the pads. I used to do this when I did my own servicing and found it worked a treat. Has there been some safety issue foudn with the stuff?
--
Cliff_G
(no relation to Ali)
Using brake anti-squeal grease? - Civic8
I think. It may be due to coating applied to back of pad. though. I think copper based grease should still be applied. as the coating doesnt seem to last more than a few thousand miles. but that depends on make. I dont know of any safety issues.after all it has been used for many years.so if there is I dont know of it.would be interesting to hear if their is one?
--
Was mech1
Using brake anti-squeal grease? - Cyd
On some makes of pad the backing plate has holes in it which the pad material is "moulded" into. Where the pad material is exposed on the piston side in this way, one must be EXTREMELY CAREFUL not to get any lubricant onto the exposed material, because if one does the lube leaches into the material and can affect braking performance.

Personally I put a smear around the edges of the pad where they will slide in the caliper and then onto the piston rather than directly onto the pad back.