Mondeo seats - GrahamM
Does anyone else have problems getting comfortable in a Mondeo? I can get a perfect driving position in my 53 reg TDCi 130LX, but after an hour or two I start aching, shifting about and feeling generally uncomfortable, particularly around the lower back area. I haven't any back trouble, and never have had. The seats are much firmer than in my previous generation Mondeo, but seem well shaped etc. I'd appreciate any thoughts, please. Graham
Mondeo seats - Older_not_wiser
It's not the seats per se - it's the driving position.

Chck here for an osteopath's view:-

www.car-seat-data.co.uk/
Mondeo seats - NowWheels
It's not the seats per se - it's the driving position.
Chck here for an osteopath's view:-
www.car-seat-data.co.uk/

Scary! www.car-seat-data.co.uk/xlcardata.htm

"New Mondeo: serious layout problems, retrograde step!"

Wheel offset: 3 ("avoid")
Wheel angle: 2 ("undesirable")
Pedal offset: 1 ("noticeable")

How did they get it so badly wrong?
Mondeo seats - patently
"PORSCHE Boxster ... VV low kerb height"

LOL! Is that a complaint or a compliment?
Mondeo seats - NowWheels
"PORSCHE Boxster ... VV low kerb height"
LOL! Is that a complaint or a compliment?

It's a complaint.

www.car-seat-data.co.uk/carsurvey-intro.htm -- "A comparative measure of Kerb Height was obtained by using a spirit level to measure from the top of the author’s thigh to the ground with the seat in the lowest position (KH). A low Kerb Height may cause difficulty getting out of the vehicle, especially for taller drivers."
Mondeo seats - patently
A low Kerb Height may cause difficulty getting
out of the vehicle, especially for taller drivers."

Yes, but.....

All sports cars are a nightmare to get in and out of. Pop down to your nearest Porsche centre and ask to be shown a 911 GT3*, NoWheels. I'm 5'10", reasononably fit, used to getting in and out a 911, and I find it difficult. However, once you are there the seating position is near perfect.

Once you're out (if you can!), ask to see the luggage compartment. Be prepared to have a good laugh at Porsche's temerity in even calling it a "luggage compartment".

Then, in a 911 Carrera, try out the rear seats. Don't bother in the GT3 - it doesn't have any, as the bucket seats make it completely impossible to get into the back, as opposed to merely very difficult indeed for the Carerra. You do of course have a choice - the coupe's rear seats are almost usable but difficult to get into. The Cabrio's rear seats are easier to get into if the roof is down, but almost impossible to sit in if you are aged more than about 9.

My point is that all cars are a compromise. No-one ever bought a 911 because it is so practical. So to criticise a Boxster for the low sill height, while valid in the context of the survey, is amusing to a general reader because the low sill height is integral to the intended purpose of the car.

However, the Mondeo is intended for everyday transport. It must therefore be comfortable. To see such serious criticism (more serious indeed than the Boxster) is very worrying indeed.

---------------------------------

*suggest you wear trousers rather than a short skirt**.

---------------------------------

**unless you like the look of the salesman

Mondeo seats - Older_not_wiser
In similar vein:-

Vauxhall VX220 - dreadful seat

Maybe. Might agree if I could get IN the thing!
Mondeo seats - blank
In similar vein:-
Vauxhall VX220 - dreadful seat
Maybe. Might agree if I could get IN the thing!

I take your point, but VX220's really do have the worst seats I have ever sat in. They are all concave and don't seem to give eny support at all (to me).
Mondeo seats - Dave E
Most comfortable car I have owned and I have owned/driven a varied range down the years.

FYO I am average height and weight.
Mondeo seats - Galaxy
If it's any consolation it took me months and months to get a comfortable driving position in my Mark 2 Mondeo.

During this time my back was getting painful, and I've never had any back trouble before. I also had to have the seat base of the drivers seat replaced under warranty!

My only advice would be don't be afraid to experiment with various different driving positions, and don't give up. I'm sure you will find a comfortable driving position in the end.

I did!