Nissan QX - Mapmaker
Reading HJ's latest auction report (The day?s best buy was probably the 93k mile 95N Nissan QX 2.0 chain-cam V6 in the photo. No auto, no leather, no air, but a big, solid, ultra-reliable minicab for £650.) made me wonder why this famously reliable car is soooooo unpopular.

A quick search on eBay found one with air & 109k sold last week for £650. cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=...1

These must be good nominations for Banger of the Year. These cars are good for a million km - if not miles.

Nissan QX - daveyK_UK
good cars, parts can be a bit of a pain.
nisaan dealers value them way to highly, seen one recntly with 84k on the clock - on a p plate - was advertised at £3,995.
Nissan QX - Aprilia
As 'regulars' will know there are a couple of us QX owners on here. Post '96 models (with side airbags and climate control) can be had for good prices at sensible mileages. These have been the best-selling Nissan in the US and seem to be able to clock up astonishing mileages with total reliability.
The great thing about the cars is that as a big FWD saloon there is loads of room in the back and a very large boot. I have three children, my eldest son being almost 6' tall, so this is a major factor.

I've now had my '98 QX for 18 months and it runs like a Swiss watch. Super-smooth V6 and autobox; very quiet and powerful climate control. Worst aspect is a 'jiggly' ride from the back end and low speed when lightly loaded. I don't like the velour seat trim on mine (don't like leather either, actually I prefer straight woven cloth).

Service parts are stock items at the dealer and not too dear (oil filter £7.50; fuel filter £11; air filter £13; pollen filter £21). I don't know about other parts because I haven't needed any. I know that 'Gazza' bought a front wishbone for his and it was £89 - not too bad a price?

I will keep it a few years yet, then my biggest concern will be what to replace it with. Sadly Nissan stopped selling it in the UK a couple of years back.
Nissan QX - Stuartli
The QX was a lot of car for the money but, like so many in this class, suffers higher depreciation levels than smaller models.

It's also a bit anonymous in looks which put a lot of people off buying one.

Bit like the Toyota Camry, another fine car for the money.

Neither might be true driver's cars but offer comfort, room and reliability.