Peugeot 406 2Ltr 16V Exec Est - Fullchat
I have found Fuse 22 has blown. Replaced and blown again. The fuse serves interior lighting, seat memory and mirror memory. Everything works fine without ign on and with ign on. As soon as I start the engine - POP.
By process of elimination I have disconnected devices to try and isolate offending item with no luck.I have checked the loom through the FOS door which appears OK
Trying to use logic it would appear that it is a device which pulls in 2 power sources - non ign and engine started.
The Haynes manual digram is quite simple to follow but I can only find that the interior courtesy lights have 2 power sources - non ign and ign but nothing to do with engine started. Infact I cannot find any output from engine started.
Any ideas anyone??

Fullchat
Peugeot 406 2Ltr 16V Exec Est - Fullchat
Sorted!

Switching, proding and poking today. Noticed smoke coming from n/s mirror when attempting to put in park position.
S.W.M.B.O caught it on a passing wall a few weeks ago must have somehow locked the parking motor. This is seperate to the mirror motor. Oh dear this is looking expensive.

Fullchat
Peugeot 406 2Ltr 16V Exec Est - LeePower
Cheap fix is to unplug the mirror motor untill you can get another one.

Some of the very last softtop 306s had parking mirrors fitted & you might be lucky & find the motor is the same inside both mirrors.

Scrapyard hunting or even a model / hobby shop might turn up what your looking for.