oil change question - xsaradriver
Just had oil and filter changed for £15 oil used was duckhams qxr semi-synth rated 10w40. Can i top up oil in the future with any as long as it is 10w40 or do i need 2 use semi synth 10w40 ???? Not big on oil just wondering..
oil change question - Stuartli
Stick with the semi-synthetic version.

Was the work done at National? I have my VW's oil and filter change done there and, because it only uses four-and-a-half litres, the staff happily give me the other half-litre (plus a bit more) for topping up purposes.

They pointed out that the price was based on using up to five litres of oil.
oil change question - xsaradriver
yep it was, forgot to ask for the balance of the oil. Mind you getting it changed again in about 6mths so shouldn't go down too much. Just like keeping my oil at the max level..
oil change question - snowy
Had my crappy 1.6 vectras oil changed for £15.00 at National.
It used to use about a litre every 1250 miles prior to the change for 60,000 miles since more or less new. Mysteriously its stopped using any since the oil change.Question is could that be caused by them using the mineral £10 oil instead of the semi synth? If so is it likely to cause any damage particulary at this time of year when it is a little warmer and given the mileage on the car ( I am assuming that the mineral oil is thicker, which may or may not be the case)