Pug 106 Airbag/immobiliser - Peter D
My daughter has a Pug 106 98 R plate and I need to change the immobiliser induction ring on the ignition barrel as it appears to be intermittent. To do this the lower cowling requires the steering wheel to be removed by about 1 cm. Can you do this without disconnecting the air bag and how dos the cover come off the steering wheel. I have a manual but it fails to tell these things. Regards Peter
Pug 106 Airbag/immobiliser - Peter D
Can anyone help me here. Thanks Peter
Pug 106 Airbag/immobiliser - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
Not done a pug but Renaults (similar?) are thus. Switch off the ign and disconnect the battery for a good 10 mins before doing anything else. If you look on the rear of the wheel 'spokes' you will find a couple of holes with probably torx screws in them holding the airbag in place. Undo these and lift the bag away from the wheel a few centimeters. Disconnect the squib plug carefully and store the bag on a flat surface facing upwards. Now loosen the nut or bolt holding the wheel a couple of turns but dont remove it completely. By sitting in the drivers seat with the flats of your hands strike the wheel rim towards you, you should be able to jump the wheel up the splines, loosening it. If you need to remove it mark the position with tippex. Do what you need then reverse the procedure before finally reconnecting the battery (pos 1st Neg 2nd.
Andrew

--
Simplicate and add lightness!!