00 1.8d where is the washer pump ? - lozlloyd
Silly question but where would I find the windscreen washer pump on a 2000 Mondeo 1.8D ?

Thanks

Edited by Pugugly. on 24/02/2008 at 21:40

Ford Mondeo Diesel XReg - blank
I'd be surprised if it's not fitted onto the side of the washer bottle.
Have you read this in the excellent Car-by-Car Breakdown section?, "Screenwasher pumps apt to clog up. The simple cure is to use a bamboo cane or similar to give the reservoir a stir, but better to flush the reservoir out with a fairly high pressure hose and get rid of the gunk in there. Also make sure screenwash pipes have not become trapped or kinked in bonnet hinge. "

hth
Andy
Ford Mondeo Diesel XReg - tr7v8
From memory it's on the side of the bottle, minor problem is that you can't see the bottle as most of it is through the wing! I think its accessed from either behind the bumper or underneath.

Jim
Ford Mondeo Diesel XReg - lozlloyd
Any idea if it is accessible or do I have to remove most of the front of the car just to replace the pump.

Thanks for your help

Ford Mondeo Diesel XReg - tr7v8
I think the bumper has to cme off which is a right royal PITA.

Jim
Why am I surprised !

Can anyone confirm this please
Ford Mondeo Diesel XReg - Wales Forester
I think you can get at it properly by removing the offside front wheel and wheelarch liner, PITA as has already been said.

If you just need to push the hose back on you can remove the engine undertray and the flat panel directly behind the front valance and reach up to it.

PP
Ford Mondeo Diesel XReg - henry k
I think you can get at it properly by removing the

offside front wheel and wheelarch liner, PITA as has already been said.
If you just need to push the hose back on you can remove the engine undertray and the flat panel directly behind the front valance and reach up to it.

Haynes says remove the road wheel, under tray and wheel arch liner fastners. Unscrew the reservoir mounting bolts x 3 and pull reservoir slightly forward.

For better access, it may be necessary to remove the bumper.
Thanks for the help. Looks like I have a fun weekend ahead, all that work just to replace the washer pump :o(
Ford Mondeo Diesel XReg - henry k
I think the bumper has to cme off which is a
right royal PITA.

I needed to take of my bumper. It is not that clear in Haynes.
I now think I have a good approach.
The problem is dealing with the two bolts each side that screw vertically upwards into plastic blocks.
My approach.
1. remove under tray
2. Remove top shroud around the bonnet catch
3. Remove grill
The more awkward bits
4.Remove the #3 Posidrive screws from the bumper stay. I used Plus gas on it.
5.Remove the small plastic screw that is part way up the wheel arch liner.
This screws into a small plastic plug
6. Peel back the wheel arch liner a little to get access to the rear bumper retaining screw.
7. I found a 1/4 inch drive with a 12 inch long extention gave me access. I found that the rusty screw turned the plastic block.
A 10 mm flat spanner fits the plastic block while you undo the screw. A little bit fiddly. You can also see the other screw and block closer to the front of the car. Repeat the process for front screw. I am replacing all four blocks and screws. £3.10. According to Haynes that leaves the three screws exposed by the removal of the grill. Undo these and pull off the bumper.
I plan to complete the removal this weekend cos I need to degrease and clean the radiator after a power steering rad replacement. I will report back.
I have got this far and am assuming the rest is easy.
I hope this helps. It was a little trial and error to find this approach.
Ford Mondeo Diesel XReg - boo
Eureka !
My washers have been /knackered/poor for 3 years, so much so they failed the MOT this week but ...excellent news for fixing blockage:

Empty reservoir using syphon (none of that taking off the bumper /radiator cover nonsense for a wash-wipe)
Tip in 2 denture tablets - yes you read right - denture tablets, with the water as instructions on packet. Leave for 20 minutes.
Blast into the reservoir with hose, as powerful as poss.
Stand back and rejoice at the clean jet of water now adorning your windscreen !

This cost me this much:
Denture tablets 30p
Tube (flexible from fish shop) £2.79

Better than getting an overpriced mechanic to sort it !

Happy washing :o)

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 24/02/2008 at 20:36