Big Brother?s Garage - Final Round. - Dynamic Dave

Right then, and onto the final round of Big Brother\'s Garage.

One car was evicted from the previous round.
See here for further details:-
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=23858&...e

Here are the remaining cars in no particular order.
1. Seat Leon.
2. Alfa 156.
3. TVR Tuscan.
****** EVICTED VW Golf, Lada Samara, Vauxhall Vectra, Renault 5, Austin Allegro, Perodua Nippa, Citroen 2CV, Toyota Landcruiser, Peugeot 405, Ford Mondeo. EVICTED ******

All votes have been reset to zero.

PLEASE NOTE

This is the final round. Unlike the previous rounds, this time you have to nominate the one car you want to win.

This Friday, (23rd July) is the closing date for nominations.

Big Brother?s Garage - Final Round. - MichaelR
I vote Seat Leon, simply becuase I am still disillusioned by the Mondeo's departure from this competition ;)
Big Brother?s Garage - Final Round. - Imagos
No mondeo?.. boo!

The winner will have to be the Trevor Tuscan then.

Big Brother?s Garage - Final Round. - No Do$h
Because of recent events, I can\'t really vote for the 156. You can get a saloon or hatch/estatey thing (yeah, I know it\'s a Sportwagon, but I\'m trying to make a point), so it\'s reasonably practical. It seats 4 in absolute comfort, has a proper middle belt in the rear for when you want to take 5, can offer comfort to a driver of 5\'6\" or 6\"5, has performance, handling, passion and style.

And in diesel form give you a 7.5sec 0-60 and 45MPG!

But its reliability is just too bad.

I\'ll vote for the TVR.
Big Brother?s Garage - Final Round. - Altea Ego
And in diesel form give you a 7.5sec 0-60 and 45MPG!

Thats one seriously quick tow truck ND.

Big Brother’s Garage - Final Round. - Adam {P}
As Michael Rogers, I too am amazed the Mondeo has gone so without a doubt the 156 has to win handsdown. Tuscan, it isn't a car it's a dream and a bad one at that. The Seat? Enough said.

156 is nice looking, quick and practical.
Adam
Big Brother?s Garage - Final Round. - mare
Alfa 156

i mean, just look at it....
Big Brother?s Garage - Final Round. - andymc {P}
Seat Leon to win, for all the reasons I've said before. Plus, I've seen pictures of the next one and I still prefer this one, so that's another reason! And yet another reason is that I blew a CLK out of the water in mine a couple of weeks ago, which was unusual behaviour for me but very satisfying ...

--
andymc
Big Brother?s Garage - Final Round. - Cardew
It must be the Seat Leon as long as it is the bottom of the range model and in the vomit yellow colour.
Big Brother?s Garage - Final Round. - cockle {P}
Alfa 156

On the basis of we're obviously not looking for the staid, quiet reliable ones to win, the Vectra, Mondeo, etc having gone for those reasons; it has to be the Alfa 156, a little bit of fun, a little bit flighty, and looks good but tries to pretend it's sensible, just like a good woman.
Swiss Toni will be along in a minute to explain...

Cockle
Big Brother?s Garage - Final Round. - Vin {P}
I vote for (rustle of paper, opening envelope...pregnant pause)...

The TVR - yes, reliability might be just the teensiest of issues, but drive one just once and you'd live with it forever, like all the other owners.

V
Big Brother?s Garage - Final Round. - tr7v8
Has to be the Alfa, I agree with all of NDs comments. Mines great and even on the naff M20/M26/M25/M3 trip it puts a smile on my face. It also upsets BMW owners.....

Jim
Big Brother?s Garage - Final Round. - NorthernKev {P}
First time voter [at the important bit!]. My vote goes to the Alfa, just because it's the best looking.

By the way, statistically at this point voting for two to go out is exactly the same as the one to win., so it doesn't matter what way you say it!

Kev
Big Brother?s Garage - Final Round. - wrinx
Well, we had some "intesting" reason for voting out the 156 such as door handles in the wrong place(!) and naming it after a motorway(!!) ;) So, my vote goes to........the Alfa Romeo 156 for having the nicest badge of the lot :rolleyes: :)

wrinx
Big Brother’s Garage - Final Round. - NowWheels
OK, my vote goes without hesitation to the TVR Tuscan

This year's Big Brother has been doninated by big egos and big conflicts, and the TVR sounds like the ideal car for them all -- impractical, unreliable, and out of the ordinary, and perfectly suited for anyone without a huge ego
Big Brother’s Garage - Final Round. - PR {P}
Alfa 156 to win, cos my GTA is utterly brilliant! :-)
Big Brother’s Garage - Final Round. - velocemitch
Got to be the 156 for me, owned one for over 4 Years, and it has transformed my view about Cars.

The TVR would be a close second as it's sounds so good and put's one over on the Germans.

The Leon is a couple of laps behind.....and it's a long lap as well.
Big Brother’s Garage - Final Round. - teabelly
As much as I love tvr as a brand and their cars, the tuscan is a bit on the edgy side design wise.

I vote for the 156 as winner as it is aesthetically pleasing to most. Beauty, sportiness and practicality in one car. The seats are fantastic and aren't like rocks like a lot of other cars these days. They don't have that nasty cheap shiny finish like a lot of others do either. The 156 is a great drive too.
teabelly
Big Brother?s Garage - Final Round. - Mark (RLBS)
I am slightly amused at any suggstion of voting for the Alfa because the TVR is unreliable - I think we must have got the two most unreliable cars out of the whole lot left.

I vote for the TVR, because at least it stands out.
Big Brother’s Garage - Final Round. - just a bloke
I am slightly amused at any suggstion of voting for the
Alfa because the TVR is unreliable - I think we must
have got the two most unreliable cars out of the whole
lot left.

Which just goes to show that maybe people aren't has hung up about reliability as they would have you believe...

not that Alfa's are unreliable ;;)

My Vote.... 156 of course.

Leon = Alfa wannabe
TVR = just don't like 'em I'm afraid

JaB
Big Brother’s Garage - Final Round. - Malcolm_L
Alfa to win - reasons as before.

TVR - too impractical

Leon - better than the Golf but still not in the same league as
an Alfa.
Big Brother’s Garage - Final Round. - Wombat Rick
I am voting for a car with a beautiful design, regardless of bodyshell, trim or engine, is fun to drive, characterful to own and at a price which many people can afford.

The Alfa has to win.
Big Brother’s Garage - Final Round. - Altea Ego
Three left Huh!

Well in such company the Leon is the frog at a miss world contest and I for one wont kiss it.

Alfa - (bursts into song) # I'm so pretty, oh so pretty # and it is, but the TVR is distinctive.

Sorry Alfa, out you go.

I have to vote for the TVR just because its so outrageous and that noise it makes .....(shivers)
Big Brother’s Garage - Final Round. - Alfafan {P}
Just check my user name:
Has to be the Alfa
Big Brother?s Garage - Final Round. - Alfa_Mike
It\'s got to be the Alfa 156 to win.

The TVR is just too OTT, the Leon a pale child of the Germans and Spaniards.

Alfa all the way.
Big Brother’s Garage - Final Round. - Hugo {P}
Seat Leon.

Again, for the marque rather than the model really.

H
Big Brother?s Garage - Final Round. - PAJ
Seat Leon? Yawn? TVR Tuscan? Handsome, definitely, but not the winner for me. Therefore, Alfa 156 to win - my 2 litre saloon has been fantastic, quick, reliable, and practical for the last 3.5 years and 65,000 miles. And it oozes style!
Big Brother?s Garage - Final Round. - dilbert
Easy. It has to be the Alfa to win.

The TVR is to crude and impractcal. The SEAT is just a dull parts bin VW wannabee.
Big Brother?s Garage - Final Round. - BazzaBear {P}
Well, lets see. You probably all know I like Alfa's now, but I am trying to think about thsi carefully, weigh everything up.

The Seat - hmm... I do like this car actually, in the sporty formats at least. But when I stop to think about why I like it, basically it is a VW attempt to make an Alfa. As such, it's the closest I'd get to wanting a VW, but still a pale imitation of the real thing.

The TVR - Well, I really like TVR's, I REALLY like the noise they make. But this isn't the TVR I'd have. Sorry Trevor. Aside from that, applying my own rules, I only have one car and it'd be ridiculous for that car to be a TVR.

The Alfa - what can you say? Looks devine. If you go for the 2.4 JTD it goes like a train for little cost, if you go for the GTA it goes like a ...err... faster train if you don't mind using up the happy juice.
It's distinctive, it's stylish, it's quick, it's characterful. It just makes you SMILE.
What more could I want from a car than that last one?

The Alfa it is.
Big Brother?s Garage - Final Round. - AN Other
Alfa.

The Tuscan is somehow just too geeky and hand knitted, and the Leon is another tedious, ok-at-everything-cos-I'm-a-boring-Golf-really Eurobox hirecar.

The Alfa is the only one made for people who actually like cars. Unreliable and badly made, maybe, but at least it wasn't built solely by accountants or enthusiasts. Italians did it.
oh god, Alan is going to be unbearable.
Big Brother’s Garage - Final Round. - Alfafan {P}
oh god, Alan is going to be unbearable.

>>

But at least it's in a worthwhile cause :)
Big Brother?s Garage - Final Round. - Happy Blue!
TVR - all the way to Blackpool.
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
I really don\'t understand you lot. In the last round both the Alfa & the TVR scored near as damn it equal nominations. Those nominations were considerably lower than the nominations for the Mondeo & the Leon. In fact the Mondeo only had one more vote than the Leon, which is why it was evicted.

However, in this round, so far the Alfa is way out in front, with both the Leon and TVR with near equal lower nominations so far.

Why all of a sudden has the Leon become popular again, when in the last round it had twice as many nominations than the TCR did? Going on the trend of previous rounds, the TVR and Alfa *should* score the same amount of votes.

Anyway, my vote is for the TVR. It\'s one of the few british car manufacturers left in this Country. I also like the look of the beast, as well as the exhaust note.

Ah the fickle face of the voting public

:: radiating smugness ::
Big Brother?s Garage - Final Round. - tunacat
Sorry, missed a couple of rounds there...

The Tuscan is too *geeky* ??!!!!!

I voted out the Leon in a previous round - too ordinary in this collection.
Same goes for the 156 I'm afraid - useful, pretty, good diesel etc (but there are other good diesels). But there are BMWs and suchlike which are equally functional and handle better.

If you're going to have just one of these three in the garage, it's got to be the outrageous TVR.

Big Brother?s Garage - Final Round. - wardy
But there are BMWs and suchlike which are equally functional and handle better??? Hmm, pinch of salt all round...

My vote goes to the Alfa, for looks, character, HANDLING and in the face of other surveys, for those that enjoy driving - a bit of good old driving enjoyment.

Just to confirm, in case you missed it - I vote for the Alfa Romeo to win!

Big Brother?s Garage - Final Round. - Precrown
It has to be the Alfa. Firstly for its looks - when it was first introduced almost everyone agreed it was fantastic and fresh for a mass produced car (and it still is) in a market dominated by everything "Average". Then once you have driven one you dont want to drive anything else.

The Alfa.
>>Then once you have driven one you dont want to drive anything else.

And, from No Dosh's experience, "once" is about as often as you can drive it.

I vote for the TVR.
I vote for the TVR.

So your hairy chest wig arrived then Mark? David Hasselhoff enterprises still selling those Baywatch Extra kits? Bet you look great in your orange shorts and your fleece, hanging around on those surf beaches.

:: uncontrollable fit of giggles ::
I vote for the TVR.

As much as I'd like to accept your vote again Mark, you've already voted once already.

But please don't let that stop others voting for the TVR (or even the Leon ;o)

Remember, you're voting for who you want to win NOT lose. I suspect some of you are incorrectly voting for the Alfa to go.

Like I said, unbearable.

I vote for the TVR.

I've got an edit button and I know how to use it. I'm a moderator on the edge.
>> I vote for the TVR.
As much as I'd like to accept your vote again Mark,
you've already voted once already.
But please don't let that stop others voting for the TVR
(or even the Leon ;o)
Remember, you're voting for who you want to win NOT lose.
I suspect some of you are incorrectly voting for the Alfa
to go.

Cheeky monkey!
Big Brother?s Garage - Final Round. - wardy
Nice try, but no, they all want the Alfa to stay... be sure of this when you count 'em up...
:o)_)

Big Brother?s Garage - Final Round. - Altea Ego
I am glad I am going on holiday. Not sure I can take ND preening and crowing around on here. Is two weeks enough you think? will he be deflated by then?

Mark - suspend his moderators privelage for a while - I think he could get out of control, El Duce if you will.

As always - said with a ;)
Big Brother?s Garage - Final Round. - googolplex
Well all I can say is that you lot have no taste; fancy voting out the Mondeo; whatever next!

I really don't much care who wins now...but will take comfort from the fact that the remaining 3 cars are still IN the garage whereas the Mondeo is obviously out and about being used...
Splodgeface
Big Brother?s Garage - Final Round. - AR_GTA
All i want is that the Alfa Romeo 156 stays..count it too...

i don't wan't the seat or the TVR to stay..

that's it ;)
I suspect some of you are incorrectly voting for the Alfa to go

Nah, I think it's all a deliberate sympathy vote for the Alfa to go, 'cos everyone wants to encourage NoDosh's Alfa to go again. After all, it can't win unless it can be driven out of the garage * , can it? ;-)

Hopefully someone can get it going before friday evenining, so that all those sympathy voters can change their votes to support the TVR :)

(if it helps, I have just bought a bag of rubber bands which could be wound up to create some sort of motion ... )

* Rule 63(b)(i)
Big Brother’s Garage - Final Round. - Mark (RLBS)
I don't know if I've mentioned this, but I vote for the TVR.
Big Brother’s Garage - Final Round. - No Do$h
I don't know if I've mentioned this, but I vote for
the TVR.

That age approaching already Mark? Would you like the corresponding spread?
Big Brother’s Garage - Final Round. - Mark (RLBS)
>>Would you like the corresponding spread?

ALAN ! Quick, a thin, non-podgy person has stolen your username.
>>Would you like the corresponding spread?
ALAN ! Quick, a thin, non-podgy person has stolen your username.

Ah but mine isn't middle-aged spread. It's just beer and pies spread.

Yummy on toast :o)
Time for a family car for No Dosh... - PoloGirl
Awwww..... No Dosh is expecting a beer baby. Congratulations!

;)

Big Brother’s Garage - Final Round. - Adam {P}
What's that Mark? The 156?

Dave did you get that? Mark votes for the 156.
Adam
Big Brother?s Garage - Final Round. - PoloGirl
As with the actual show, I only get into this in the final rounds.

I vote for the TVR to win, because I want one... in dairy milk purple please! :)

Big Brother?s Garage - Final Round. - AR_GTA
I vote for the Alfa Romeo 156
it's really an amazing car, looks amazing..the seat is out of shape, and i don't like the TVR.
I vote for the Alfa Romeo 156
it's really an amazing car, looks amazing..the seat is out of
shape, and i don't like the TVR.

Why would you vote for a car if the seat is out of shape?

Oh, the Seat is out of shape.

I'll get my coat.

No Dosh - Backroom Moderator
mailto:moderators@honestjohn.co.uk
>>I\'ll get my coat.

You\'ll need it in case it rains on your hitchhike home.
Big Brother?s Garage - Final Round. - just a bloke
See?

It's exactly as JC said....

"I'm on my way to the dealer to buy a nice sensible golf, the cheque is made out to Mr V & Mr W.... but I'll find myself buying the Alfa anyway!"

Stop lying to yourselves! you *all* want one but can't bring yourself to step outside the box.

JaB
Big Brother?s Garage - Final Round. - Roberson
I vote the Alfa 156 to win.
Big Brother?s Garage - Final Round. - SjB {P}
SEAT - I was very underwhelmed and very disapointed by another boringly VAG parts bin product.

Alfa - Runs Bangle's Mangled Wagons a close second for the ugly stick. That nose. Urrrrrgh. Rear doors with no visible handle? A complete design disaster that makes the resultant panel look bulky and oversized with nothing to break it up visually. I have nothing against trying out new ideas, but on these counts alone, I'd steer well clear, let alone the horror stories from a friend who made the mistake of sinking his cash in to one.

TVR - Not my favourite looking TVR, but nicer on the eye than either of the other two runners in this vote. Not likely to be the most reliable car here, but then it's most likely to be a second car, not a primary one. Certainly the most successful at being different from the main stream, so it gets my vote.

TVR it is.
Big Brother?s Garage - Final Round. - Hawesy1982
Well my favourite has been the Leon all series, but admittedly it looks a little too....German, and boring, when you put it next to the other two.

My vote goes to the TVR - Come on, a Brit has to win SOMETHING this year!
Big Brother?s Garage - Final Round. - helicopter
Sorry I missed the last round.

If its good enough for HJ its good enough for me.

SEAT to win.
Big Brother?s Garage - Final Round. - Avant
Voting for something is different from voting against - so people change their minds, perhaps wanting the car they see as most interesting to win.

I'll be boringly consistent, having voted out the Alfa and TVR last time, so it's the Seat for me. We might have looked at a TDI for my wife if the local dealer hadn't made such a hamfisted job of selling it.

I'd still rather have my A4 than any of them....

I think I'll now go the pseudonymic way of all flesh and become Avant.
I'd still rather have my A4 than any of them....

I hear they have very high quality plastic in them.. Particularly in the dashboard area.
Is there any truth in that? or is it just propaganda?

;-) JaB
Big Brother?s Garage - Final Round. - Avant
"I hear they have very high quality plastic in them.. Particularly in the dashboard area.
Is there any truth in that? or is it just propaganda?"

Plastics are high quality but the bits you see should be representative of the bits you can't. Early days for the Audi - so far so good after 7800 miles - but the Golf TDI estate which preceded it ran faultlessly for 36,000 miles. Golfs built in the Fatherland seem to be better screwed together than those made elsewhere.

'Propaganda' is something that only a proper goose would believe.

This is Big Brother.

Earlier today the Alfa was called to the Diary room to explain the actions of its owner, none other than that David Brent look-alike and part time moderator NoDosh, regarding a surge of votes for his car in this round. At first the Alfa denied all knowledge of this, but when presented with evidence of foul play, the Alfa broke down (common occurrence apparently) and confessed it was all true.

Bearing in mind the seriousness of rigging the nominations, the Alfa was given its first and only warning, and its current results halved.

Any further evidence of foul play by NoDosh and the Alfa will be prematurely evicted. The tow truck is on standby.

Big Brother?s Garage - Final Round. - Hugo {P}
By the looks of that link DD there is only one other alfa owner who was prepared to vote for the alfa. All the other forum members (Alfa owners) seemed to have trouble getting home to their PCs for some reason...

I do hope they all got home ok;)

H
Alfa broke down (common occurrence apparently)
and confessed it was all true.

What exactly did it say? "It's a fair cop, guv, you got me bang to rights"?
Any further evidence of foul play by NoDosh and
the Alfa will be prematurely evicted

Couldn't it just be replaced by the steam-driven version which Hugo spotted? www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=23901&...e
NOT A VOTE, except of thanks to Dynamic for this brilliant
idea. Far more interesting than the people version. Extraordinary shenanigans in
the final round. No Dosh, was it the oil pump?
HJ

It's 'leccytrickal problems. I blame the germans..... Latest diagnosis is pointing to a fault with the RPM sensor. I'll update when this is confirmed.
Big Brother’s Garage - Final Round. - just a bloke
It's 'leccytrickal problems. I blame the germans..... Latest diagnosis
is pointing to a fault with the RPM sensor. I'll
update when this is confirmed.

Yep, thats what gounded my spider just recently a dodgy flywheel sensor as supplied by a well known german manufacturer. They also supply coil packs to VAG or so I understand....

JaB
It's not foul play. Each and every vote for the 156 is valid as there are no multiple registrations/votes.

Perfectly acceptable in any form of election to campaign to further your cause. The fact that the TVR owners and Seat owners haven't taken this route isn't my fault is it?
Free the Milanese one!!!!!!
Shocking lack of justice here. I agree with ND, no rigging has taken place, just a spot of low-key campaigning.
No-one has voted twice, and actually looking at this thread, the vast majority of votes for the Alfa to win are from HJ regulars anyway.
Boo I say ;)
That doesn't seem fair. All votes have been registered correctly, no-one has tried to register more than 1 vote. What's wrong with campaiging for support?

Well if the Alfa doesn't actually win, everyone will know it got more votes to win than the rest.

JaB
>>Free the Milanese one!!!!!!

...and the M 25.

Since when does there have to be any justice in Big Brother ? If there was the house would have been nuked ages ago.

I think that No Dosh's cunning should be punished partly because its unfair, partly because I didn't think of it and mostly because he's being smug about it.
>>Free the Milanese one!!!!!!
...and the M 25.
Since when does there have to be any justice in Big
Brother ? If there was the house would have been nuked
ages ago.
I think that No Dosh's cunning should be punished partly because
its unfair, partly because I didn't think of it and mostly
because he's being smug about it.

You should see the text messages I've been getting from DD. Not happy!
Since when does there have to be any justice in Big
Brother ? If there was the house would have been nuked
ages ago.

Good point.

I think that No Dosh's cunning should be punished partly because
its unfair, partly because I didn't think of it and mostly
because he's being smug about it.

ROTFLMAO! On those criteria, you're starting to sway me... ;)
Free the Milanese one!!!!!!

If there's anymore shenanigans by ND (he's already admitted further evidence of foul play which has been taken into account), Big Brother will gladly free the Milanese one and replace it with the Mondeo that was evicted in the last round and reset the nominations to zero.

Under Big Brother rules this is perfectly acceptable policy as the Mondeo hasn't yet been released back into society. It is currently residing in an rental garage alongside the Renault 5, as predicted by Mark in round two:-
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=23...8

I say again, campaigning is perfectly acceptable. Amusing that I'm the sore loser when it was your car that went early and it's you that seems to be making new rules..... Mind you, hard to muster support for a Vectra I should think.

;o)
Big Brother?s Garage - Final Round. - terryb
I vote for the TVR.

--
Terry
Big Brother?s Garage - Final Round. - Mapmaker
We're voting for the one car that will be left in the garage, OK?

It's obvious, it'll be the Alfa. No matter how we vote, it'll still be in the garage, so we'd better vote for it anyway.
Big Brother?s Garage - Final Round. - Happy Blue!
LOL!
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Big Brother?s Garage - Final Round. - SAZ
ALFA 156 to win there a good laugh sound nice, a family car that you can have fun in

Tvr's sound awsome but not an every day family car, although i would say no to one

Seat are starting to get pover priced like the vw's and there a bit heavy

ALFA 156 to win :D
Big Brother?s Garage - Final Round. - bugged {P}
TVR TO WIN PLEASE. Can I have one? they are gorgeous, I love the paint they have and they sound amazing!

Alfas are rubbish sorry, the tvr might not be realiable but I wouldnt care as it looks great, alfas are UNrealiable and look awful IMO!

:: Looks down at large parcel ::

Guide dog for "bugged"? Anyone order a guide dog for "bugged"?
Big Brother?s Garage - Final Round. - Mapmaker
Poor girl drives a MINI, you can see why she fancies something bigger...

I love this British fashion of loving & voting for a no-hoper. Diana, Princess of Wales; Tim Henman; Anthony Bliar; Screaming Lord Sutch; 156. We just cannot stop ourselves.
Big Brother?s Garage - Final Round. - HF
Oh dear. With all this skulduggery going on I just cannot make up my mind.

I think I will have to cast my vote for the Tuscan, purely because I have voted it out every week so far. (and yes I know this week I am voting it in).