Mondeo 1.8TD smokin' - Demon
Recently had a secondhand engine put into 1994 Mondeo diesel after previous engine went kaput on the way to work after only having the car for a couple of months (smoked like Bet Lynch, RAC guy and two garages all said it was byebye engine). Story went incredibly similar to the recent post about the Peugeot 406TD. Car is now starting and running as it was originally, but is idling jumpily when the engine gets warm and I've noticed puffs of bluey white smoke kicking out the back while it's doing this. Doesn't seem to smoke when driving, not so that you can see in the mirror at least, even when I've tried giving it a kicking. It's not really thick smoke but it's there and wasn't before and I'm sure it shouldn't be now! Got a two month warranty on the new engine but as I work all week and the fitters don't work Saturdays I would love to be told that it's something I can sort myself. Would've thought any teething problem with the new engine would've passed by now as I've done 400 miles in it since it was returned to me last Wednesday. Any advice much appreciated!