Sad story of Saab Gearbox - flatfour
Since i had my Saab 2.5 years ago i have moaned about the gearchange to my dealer, i've also moaned on here several times. The dealer rebuilt the box twice, plus so say did numerous adjustments, they told me they had also changed the clutch. Now at 93000 i'm still having problems, took it to an Hulins in Gloucester an independant, they said the clutch neede replacing hence the feel of the gearbox, I told them it had been changed by the main dealer at 58000, they were still sure it was the clutch. So they took it out, the pressure plate was very rusty, the bearing was gummed up with dirt and the whole thing was in a worse condition than the basket case i have in my garage, they also notices a ball joint on the track arm was nearly gone, really sloppy, i'd been complaining about a wobble to the main agent and they told me i needed a new drive shaft. ulins took the drive shafts out showed me there was no wear, no play when put back into position. Result. purfect gear changes, no steering wobble. Thankyou Hulins, address on directories.