renault scenic dci erratic tickover - masa
i own a 2002 scenic 1.9dci, recently when starting the tickover is very eratic, engine seems to be 'hunting'. Rev's ok and no noticeable effect when driving. tickover does improve slightly when car is warmed up. Anyone had same problem ? would like some advice before i ask renault.
renault scenic dci erratic tickover - volvos60T5SE
Had exactly the same problem with my Espace 2.2 dci, Injectors failed at 30,000. How many miles has it done?
Injectors started rattling, then erratic tickover, then wouldn't start unless i depressed the accelerator fully to inject more fuel.

Hope I have been of Use!!!
renault scenic dci erratic tickover - Peter D
Did it start doing this after a service. This could be small air bubbles being drawn into the fuel system due to a leak at the fuel filter after it was changed. Not uncommon. Regards Peter.
it has covered 33,000 miles, not due for service until 36,000 miles. I have booked it into renault next week, hopefully they will find fault and repair it under warranty. Wonder if the service interval is too long (18k miles) on these. I will post the findings of renault
After thinking about the comment on injectors before i filld up with diesel i added a bottle of wynns injector cleaner to the tank (with morrisons city diesel) after about 400 miles the car is running better than i can ever remember - more responsive and ticking above perfect. Don't know if its the wynns, the brand of diesel or just that the fault has temporary disappeared !!!!
Think i will still get it checked by renault next week