How to buy a Prius - joe
My boss is looking to buy a new Toyota Prius. Apparently there is quite a waiting list, and if she buys it from a franchised Toyota dealer she will almost certainly have to pay top-whack. Does anyone know if it is possible to buy this model from a reliable broker, and does anyone have any idea as to what whe should be paying?
Cheers?
How to buy a Prius - carl_a
In the USA waiting lists are long around 7 months, and according to some reports Toyota are switching to building more cars for the US market and less for the European market.

www.hybridcars.com/prius-waiting-list.html

There isn't really any advantage in this country to having a Hybrid because Diesel offers such good MPG. In the US they are an advantage because the Prius is an automatic transmission and Diesel cars are only sold by VW and Merc-B (and can't be sold in some states).
How to buy a Prius - J Bonington Jagworth
"There isn't really any advantage in this country to having a Hybrid"

For the owner, maybe, but cars that run on electricity in towns must be a huge benefit to pedestrians. It seems a good compromise to me, although the level of complication involved is a bit off-putting at present.
How to buy a Prius - Martin Wall
www.drivethedeal.com have them at very small discounts....

I know that it allows one to avoid the central London congestion charge but I've never actuall seen one out on the roads, so no need to pay more than list price I would say...
How to buy a Prius - Soupytwist
I saw one heading southbound on the A1 near Peterborough on Saturday.
--
Matthew Kelly
No, not that one.
How to buy a Prius - Turbodog
I read v disappointing fuel economy in the 'What Car?' long term test; 43 mpg or something ie nowhere near the quoted 68 mpg; What are you getting HJ?
How to buy a Prius - J Bonington Jagworth
And how do you like it? If that's not pre-empting your report...