306 XSi 2.0 8v - help needed! - nunner

I have just bought a 2L 8v 306 XSI its a 1997.

This may sound stupid but how the 'ell do you take the air cleaner box / cam cover off!!! I have removed all of the fixings
i can see but I cant seem to lift it off!!! the brake master cylinder seems to be in the way and stops the timing belt end of the cover being lifted free....please give me some tips !!!

Am i going bonkers???

Thanks in advance!
306 XSi 2.0 8v - help needed! - deslynam
If nobody on here can help (I've a GTI6 of similar age, but haven't had to remove the cam cover myself) then somebody on www.psooc.com can probably help ;-)
On mine, the air filter is in a canister just infront of the front passenger-side wheel - but not sure if it's the same on yours?
Thanks,

The airfilter/camcover are both housed in the same unit - basically sitting on top of the engine. Just had a quick chat with LAD motorsport,
they reckon that i have to remove the left hand engine mount and rock the engine forward! 'kin 'ell i only want to have a quick peer over the cams to check
the clearances/and replace the cam cover gasket as i have oil leaking over the exhaust manfold (luvrrly smell!).

Thought these days of messing round with engine mounts had gone when I sold my 1.9 205 GTi - you live and learn......

Cheers again...Rob
306 XSi 2.0 8v - help needed! - LeePower
Which part are you trying to get off?

The whole cam cover? or just the air filter cover?
The whole cover.....
306 XSi 2.0 8v - help needed! - quickshift316

what u need to do is remove the two nuts from the brake resior bit and pull it out and slightly lift it up b carefull not to bend the pipes etc then ull b able to take the rocker cover off with out messing with the engine mounts that what i did.