Cute picanto - daveyK_UK
went with partner to see one today.

She didnt get a chance to test drive.
In its favour...
the car felt well built more so inside with plastics you can use each day.
Also, decent stereo and finally a kia with a decent ariel.
Impressed, particulary with price, spec and headroom. One of the few small cars i can fit into.
Against - tiny boot which rivals the mini, also no spare tyre!

She tends to keep cars for 6 years, and while she aint in a rush to sell her current car, she does need something a little more reliable.

Just wondering anyone elses opinion on what they have seen?
Will they still be screwed together in five years time?
What are they like to drive?

cheers.
Cute picanto - ajit
Well the underpinnings and most of the bits of the Piconto come from the Hyundai Amica. Considering that these cars have been engineered for Indian conditions, these have stood up extremely well. My mother bought hers in 1998 covered 50k km and has not missed a beat. Plastics and bodywork has stood the test of time. Go for it
Cute picanto - carl_a
The first time I saw the pictures I thought it was based on the Atoz/Amica but apparently its based on a Getz chassis, the small model Hyundai sell in India is baded on the Amica . Kia is improving with every model, and this it perhaps the best value car on sale today (if you count the spec).

Whats also worth looking at is the Getz because this is slightly larger, can be had for £5999 at many dealers and includes 3 years servicing which makes it the same sort of price as the Picanto (less MPG however and only 3 doors for the cheapest model).