Passat 2001 Battery Removal - bert-j
I'm pretty sure that the battery on my 2001 Passat pdi SE needs replacing. Could someone answer these questions please?
1) How do you get the battery out after removing the large plastic panel - does the other plastic panel up against the windscreen have to be removed? If so, do the wipers have to come off?
2) Are there likely to be problems with the car electrics/electronics? I know that the radio will have to be recoded but is anything else likely to be affected?
I'm reluctant to go to a VW dealer because of their ridiculous prices.
Thanks.
Passat 2001 Battery Removal - elekie&a/c doctor
Removal of the battery is not difficut,just a bit awkward because diesel models have a larger size battery.after undoing pos & neg terminals ,there is a clamp at base of battery which locks it into carrier.then slide ,tilt & lift to manoeuvre it free of scuttle panel.Removal of wipers is not reqd ,but removal of plastic panel over cabin filter (1 long cross-head screw)may make job easier.If radio is original VW ,it will not need re-coding,it will re-learn code stored in dash once new battery is fitted.
Passat 2001 Battery Removal - bert-j
elekie
Thanks very much for that; I'm glad the battery removal seems relatively simple.