Crushing Cars - Wee Willie Winkie
news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/3806835.stm

The above news story tells of Liverpool City Council 'getting tough on abandoned cars'.

Ok. Gives the impression that if you want to get rid of your car, take it to Scouse Land. And leave it there.
Crushing Cars - Cliff Pope
Funny that there is no mention of any attempt to trace the owners to recover the collection, recycling and crushing costs. Or prosecute them.
Car owners can be traced by the VIN number surely? There is even a web site for looking them up, so it can't be very difficult.
Crushing Cars - mfarrow
Yes but AFAIK:

Registered keeper ≠ Owner.

It would be hard tracking down the owner of the vehicle. Would they have grounds therefore to prosecute the registered keeper?
Crushing Cars - Sooty Tailpipes
These stories are usually lies in a similar vein to TV License Detector vans.
Now and again, they mke out they will use mobile crushers, just to get free public service advertising, when in fact EU law prohibits the crushing of a vehicle without laborious paperwork, reclamation for recycling of fluids, catalytic convertor, battery, tyres etc...
Crushing Cars - Mapmaker
I offer a service of vehicle disposal in exchange for a bottle of whisky provided the vehicle is delivered to me. (Happily my London Borough will take it away from me for free.)
Crushing Cars - Cliff Pope
The, when in fact EU
law prohibits the crushing of a vehicle without laborious paperwork, reclamation
for recycling of fluids, catalytic convertor, battery, tyres etc...

That's what I thought until yesterday, when I followed a large lorry loaded with crushed car cubes. Shapes resembling tyres, bumpers etc were clearly visible, suggesting that the whole car had simply been crushed complete.
Crushing Cars - regent
near to me is a huge yard, where 1000's of vehicles are brought every year for their final journey. Most arrive intact on the back of small Transit pickups complete with types, fuel tanks, etc, and then are picked up by a grab and dumped onto a huge pile, whereby after a small amount of time they get loaded onto a conveyer into a machine which converts your old Ford Fiesta into bits of metal no larger then a cricket ball. Is this enviromentally friendly - what happens to the brake fluid, battery acid, the old 2p's down the back of the seats etc?

Crushing Cars - Civic8
I know the owner of a scrap yard.he was telling me that due to new regs and inspections.he has had to spend thousands on equipment.tanks for oil/fluids.storage areas for plastics/tyres/ batteries/cables.He has contracts with local councils and if he did not have the gear to sort these scrap cars.he would not have been given the contracts.I think what you see is final destination after the vehicle is stripped.they are not allowed as was mentioned before.
Crushing Cars - regent
I dont think the cars would come from that type of approved contractor. I've followed trucks with these cars on, and they look pretty complete to me. The trucks go thru a weighbridge, dump the cars, and then get their money - end of story. I think the only componant stripping would be for spare parts. Actually, when I look at some of the cars, I surprised that they are bad enough to be pulverized.
Crushing Cars - v8man
What is the address of the website please?