Pioneer CD/Radio... - terryb
...as fitted in my caravan has ceased to function.

It's picking up radio stations okay - the display tells me which ones, and it's playing CDs okay too.

Except no sound is coming out of the speakers. Only when the volume is would up fully do I get the faintest "click" on the speakers as I turn it off.

It was working perfectly yesterday when we turned it off after "The Archers" but stopped making any sound when we turned it on again at lunchtime. There's no obvious loose or disconnected wires.

Does anyone have any ideas please?
--
Terry
Pioneer CD/Radio... - Mark (RLBS)
Presuming that there are at least two speakers, perhaps 4, it sounds like the unit has snuffed it.

If you have 2 speakers instead of 4, or 1 instead of 2, make sure that you haven\'t got the fader and/or balance turned over to a speaker that you haven\'t got.

Failing that there is little or nothing common between 4 speakers other than the unit itself. If you have another radio, however basic, quickly pull the existing one out and plug the other into the speakers and see if they work, I suspect that they will. You should even be able to use a portable radio or ghetto blaster to check the speakers and their wiring.

Pioneer CD/Radio... - terryb
Thanks for you help Mark.

I pulled the radio out last night and it certainly seems to be the unit that's the problem. Off to dealers at lunchtime to negotiate replacement under warranty.

--
Terry