Mondeo 2.2 ST-D - NARU
In the car-by-car breakdown, HJ notes the new Mondeo "153bhp ST TDCI from May 2004, gets to 60 in 8.4 seconds". That's almost as quick as my current BMW 330d! I know they showed this car at the motorshow, and the press release at the time said first deliveries from August.

I've already decided on a Mondeo. If the lease prices are right, I'll wait for this over the 130PS version, but I can't find out anything! I've tried the Ford Information Line (who say they've been flooded with calls for it, but don't know when it will be available - but they didn't even know about the press release, so they're hardly the source of knowledge!).

Do any of you guys with inside knowledge know when the pricing and specs might be released? The lease company wanted me to place the next order today, but I've negotiated an extra 6 weeks - hope its enough!
Mondeo 2.2 ST-D - Wilco {P}
Channel 4 motoring site says in showrooms in August. Parkers website says September. C4 also mentions Ghia spec.
Mondeo 2.2 ST-D - Wilco {P}
..and here's some more from the fordmondeo.org board.

tinyurl.co.uk/ucr7
Mondeo 2.2 ST-D - Chas{P}
I've got a Log in to Ford's Media Site. This is what they put out before the B\ham show....

Ford Mondeo ST 155PS 2.2-litre TDCi and 204PS 3.0-litre Duratec V6

Ford will introduce another UK-exclusive 'Sport Technologies' model at Birmingham ? the Mondeo ST 155PS TDCi. The new top-of-the-range, TDCi is the ideal car for those looking for a finely honed driving machine that delivers real driving pleasure.

Based on the existing Mondeo 2.2-litre Duratorq TDCi, the 155PS TDCi is the most powerful diesel from Ford yet. With an impressive 400Nm torque on tap from just 1,800rpm, this premium diesel is expected to power Mondeo from 0-62mph in 8.7 seconds and on to a top speed on 137 mph.

In keeping with the TDCi tradition, this performance is not at the expense of economy, with the new engine returning fuel economy of 34.5mpg (urban), 57.7mpg (extra urban) and 46.3mpg (combined), plus a low CO2 rating of 151 g/km. Such figures make a very attractive package, especially in lower taxation for company car drivers.

Mondeo?s renowned chassis capabilities with added sports-tuned suspension create a dynamic feel, while wearing an ?ST? badge means the new Mondeo also features all the exterior sports styling cues of the V6-powered ST flagship. A unique interior trim includes part-leather front sports seats, with full leather Recaro seats available as an option.

Those favouring the luxury of Mondeo Ghia will also benefit from the new engine, as it becomes an option on Ghia X at the same time ST 155PS TDCi is launched, in August 2004.

There?s new petrol news too, as the Ford stand will also be the showcase for the new 204PS 3.0-litre Duratec V6 Mondeo. This flagship model is designed with refined power for customers who desire more, but they do not want an ST.

Based on the Mondeo ST220 3.0-litre, the new V6 will replace the Duratec 2.5-litre currently offered in Zetec S and Ghia models. With enhanced refinement, acceleration and top speed (7.9 seconds 0-62mph; 149mph) and near identical fuel economy and emissions (27.4 mpg combined; CO2 247 g/km), the new V6 is a fresh injection for the big petrol Mondeo.

On the Ford stand, the new engine will be featured in Mondeo?s latest Ghia special edition. The new model enhances Ghia looks and equipment with ST220 exterior styling cues front and rear, 17-inch alloys, sports suspension, privacy glass and a Bluetooth phone in its unique grey alcantara interior. The new special edition will be available from October 2004 onwards, with a choice of the new V6 or 2.2-litre TDCi engines.
Mondeo 2.2 ST-D - machika
What's the secret of the projected performance, I wonder? It's not much inferior to an Alfa 156 2.4 JTD, which has an appreciable power advantage and is a smaller car, I would think.
Mondeo 2.2 ST-D - NARU
The talk is of using a short spell of overboost on the turbo to get that 400Nm of torque, before it drops back to maybe 370Nm. I understand that's a record for a 4-cylinder production car. If it drives as well as the performance figures suggest I think it'll be a hot seller. I can understand why the engine will only be available in the top-end cars initially - persuade people to up-spec and make a bit more profit!

My 330d (2.9 litre, 6 cyl) produces 184hp and 390Nm, and I thought that was pretty good. (Later 330ds were 3.0 litres and produced a bit more).
Mondeo 2.2 ST-D - rory
There is something rather odd about all this. Ford and PSA must have spent squillions ( technical term for quite a lot ) euros developing the 2.7 litre V6 twin-turbo diesel as just fitted to the jag s-type; destined for the new peugeot 407 ( maybe also as a replacement for the Volvo D5 engine ) and perhaps also in single turbo mode for landrover. Can't believe they'd be daft enough to develop sonmething seperate for the mondeo.
Mondeo 2.2 ST-D - NARU
The 2.2 is a development of the existing 2.0 TDCi rather than a completely new engine. I expect we'll see it in other family members like the V50 in due course. I'm assuming the new 2.7V6 will continue to power the prestige models - the S type, etc.
Mondeo 2.2 ST-D - Dude - {P}
Marlot - if your BMW has performed well, how come you are thinking of switching to a Ford.?? Have the BeeM main dealers treated you that badly or do you reckon BMWs are over-rated.??

Surely if Ford are pushing what was originally a 2 litre engine up to 400Nm of torque, albeit on temorary boost, then long term durability is surely questionable.!!
Mondeo 2.2 ST-D - Pugugly {P}
I wondered that as well but was too timid (in a very unBMW like way)to ask.
Mondeo 2.2 ST-D - NARU
I've just spent so long composing the reply that the system timed out and lost my text. The reason it took so long was making sure that it wasn't a rant about the 'service' I've received.

So I won't go into lots of detail on the transmission whine which is still there/getting worse after four or five visits to the dealer. The new diff (£1100) and new rear brakes (?) made little/no difference. Or the fact that since they replaced the rear brakes, the only way to get the handbrake to release each morning is the reverse a few inches before driving forwards!

I'm not a badge snob, and the latest Mondeo is a pretty good car. It doesn't handle as well as the BMW (but the BMW is spectacular), but I'm not prepared to have another company BMW.