Coolant Change- Rover 25 - midlifecrisis
I\'m due to change the coolant on the wifes Rover 25. I\'ve got some Halfords anti-freeze that is to BS6580 spec but the manual I\'ve got says that this spec has been replaced by OAT coolant. Can I still use the old type or will it damage the engine.
Thanks
MLC
Coolant Change- Rover 25 - Aprilia
If it were my car I would use the factory spec. antifreeze, probably best purchased from Rover themselves. You certainly don't want to go mixing OAT and Ethylene Glycol types.
Coolant Change- Rover 25 - Civic8
Would agree with previous post rover engines.should have coolant changed before time and stick to rover anti freeze.you may regret later.
Coolant Change- Rover 25 - midlifecrisis
I've bought the gen Rover fluid. Drained and flushed the old coolant, refilled and bled it. Book says there is a 5litre capacity, but I could only get 3 litres in it. Is there a substantial amount left in the engine after flushing.
Cheers.
Coolant Change- Rover 25 - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
Did you flush and drain the heater?.As these engines dont have a block drain quite likely there would be a litre or so left in the block and heater. As long as the heater is working and no 'gushing' sounds from the heater and temp gauge reads normal then assume all ok. Does the Rover jollop come premixed or neat? Have you got the correct amount of antifreeze concentration i.e 2.5-3 litres in the system?
Andrew

--
Simplicate and add lightness!!