Dad's taxi - doctorchris
I desperately need excuses not to be Dad's taxi. "I've had a few pints" fails to work now. I don't want to repeat the "I've crashed my motorcycle and have a pin in my arm" excuse that I used a few years back.
Any ideas?
Dad's taxi - Clanger
Buy a Smart or a Caterham?

I rely on the honest "No, I don't feel like it." or the slightly more diplomatic "It's not convenient". Mainly, I'm happy to do taxi service, it's part of being a parent, but with pedal cycle and good bus services nearby, the occasional trip isn't an imposition.
Hawkeye
-----------------------------
Stranger in a strange land
Dad's taxi - barney100
I have a problem with the term ''Dad's taxi''.This would imply that some financial reward to the parent is coming! In my experience even a mention of a trade like a lift for mowing the lawn or walking the dog is not met with enthusiasm.
Dad's taxi - Chas{P}
Interesting to actually clock how many extra miles you do running the family taxi at weekends.

Running my two around I can clock up over 75-100 miles in a weekend plus the added penalty of having to stay away from the cool beer in the fridge.

However I'd rather them travel safely with me than grab a lift with a gang of 'yoofs' in a clapped out, alloyed up supermini with a pumping bassline you can hear streets away.
Dad's taxi - PhilW
Doc,
I sympathise - but so much better to know where they are going and when coming back than lying awake waiting to see if they have got home. Down side(?) is that for a few years you won't drink on New Years Eve.
Also wait for the day they are 17 and instead of wanting you to taxi them they ask you to finance a car!!
Dad's taxi - HF
Youch! Phil's points have touched a nerve chez HF.

Absolutely prefer to know where they are and that they will be home safely, of course.

But hadn't yet thought about New Year's Eve and stuff like that! With oldest at 14 I guess those years are rapidly approaching. (although I have to say I don't remember my dad ever fetching me from NYE parties - maybe I was too innebriated to remember?!)

As for financing a car for them - my oldest reckons he will be rich and famous before too long, so I think it may be role reversal time - he can finance a car for me instead maybe? That will hopefully come sometime before he decides to put me in a nursing home.

Dad's taxi - Mapmaker
Dad's taxi.

Are you trying to be a taxi for your Dad, or are you a Dad running a taxi service?

Either way, take the car off the road, and rely on public transport. If they're sufficiently fashion conscious, buy a pink Jaguar/rusty fiesta/old Lada and then they won't be seen dead in the car...
Dad's taxi - richy
Funnily enough round my neck of the woods (shrewsbury) I see a old '90s pink Jag mini-cab, with a lady driver called something like kitty's cars. Must do a fair amount of trade to make a profit with that gas-guzzler.